Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 3:26:30 PM EDT
Seems pretty hit and miss - I used search - just looking for a definitive thumbs up or thumbs down.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard real good things about them and their product, with the exception of a few people having problems with their redesigned bolt.  But that is optional equipment which will probably not come with an M4 upper from them without some serious extra $$$!

Also check into CMMG M4 (they call them MOD4) uppers.  I'm real happy with the one I got.

Tex78
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Seems pretty hit and miss - I used search - just looking for a definitive thumbs up or thumbs down.

Thanks

I've seen far more positives than negitives,  I'm very impressed with mine, But the big thing that sets LMT apart is their exceptional customer service and willingness to correct QC mistakes,

here is a crappy pic of mine

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of their 16" uppers that I haven't shot yet but that appears to be quite well made.  They do come with the T-markings on the upper and an LMT logo on the side in white, which you may not like (I don't).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine, it is real nice quality

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered one from Denny. Its a complete M4 rifle minus the handguard and stock since I already have a KAC RAS and Veltor. I'll post some pictures when she gets in.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I Love mine. I can swap optics with my colt with only a few clicks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
YES!!!!!!
Buy it.

edit: its the one on the right.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine too. I didn't get the LMT bolt group though. I'm using the parts from a Model 1 kit. Seems to work just fine.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But the big thing that sets LMT apart is their exceptional customer service and willingness to correct QC mistakes

While I have no doubt that LMT products are top notch, I usually wait to jump on the "new kid on the block" bandwagon until they work out their QC problems and to see how their products perform.  If they keep up their present record, I see some LMT products in my future.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
LMT is far from the "new kid on the block".
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LMT is far from the "new kid on the block".

Understand that, but they have recently expanded their product line with a lot more products with their name on them, such as BUIS, enhanced bolt and carriers, etc.  So I watch these items closely and see how they do.  I already got the BUIS, as I am too lazy to cut down a carry handle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I purchased a LMT upper from G&R Tactical and so far it's been outstanding.  Currently I'm waiting for a LMT lower to complete my 100% LMT project.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I purchased a LMT upper from G&R Tactical and so far it's been outstanding.  Currently I'm waiting for a LMT lower to complete my 100% LMT project.

And it's people like you and Grant that I keep an eye on and listen to their opinions of the equipment.  I'm a hard sell, especially since I have 5-7 perfectly functioning ARs in my safe at any given time and really don't need anything "enhanced" or better, but I'm willing to move up to better equipment, should it prove to be that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree with Mongo on waiting until I hear no more problems with them at all before it will supplement my Colts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's people like you and Grant that I keep an eye on and listen to their opinions of the equipment.  I'm a hard sell, especially since I have 5-7 perfectly functioning ARs in my safe at any given time and really don't need anything "enhanced" or better, but I'm willing to move up to better equipment, should it prove to be that.

Hows it get any better than perfectly functioning ARs?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#17]
i am also waiting on a lmt lower to complete my entire lmt gun. i have read about fit/finish issues- i dont know but my lmt upper is spotless? i have been reading and talking to some of the dealers that seem to have extensive knowledge on the subject and they all seem to agree the only real problem is with the enhanced bolt - they recommend the standard bolt and the rest is history. hoping the lower will resemble my uppers good looks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate that Mongo, thanks.  I agree in that I don't need anything "enhanced" either, all my unenhanced ARs run perfectly.  I had no reservations of buying an LMT upper from Grant, even though I heard there were problems being reported for a number of reasons.  Most of the issues I heard about involved the "enhanced' bolt & carrier group and I knew, even if I had a problem Grant and LMT would make it right.  I did have an issue with an LMT BUIS but LMT replaced it free of charge.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#19]
My LMT M4 I purchased from Grant has been perfect from day one.

LMT 14.5 w/ LMT enhanced bolt and std carrier.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I recently received an MSTN-built LMT upper. I currently have a Bushmaster lower, but have an LMT on order to replace it. I'll be posting my preliminary thoughts on the LMT upper next week after I get a chance to try it out. I purchased an LMT enhanced/standard bolt group from G&R Tactical, and am hoping I won't have any problems.

So far, my upper seems flawless. However, I suspect that MSTN provides an additional layer of quality control.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top