Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:00:56 PM EDT
I'm building a no-ban LMT carbine that will have my Colt M4 barrel installed in a LMT upper. When I ordered my LMT Defender lower today, I was asked if I wanted the LE/Govt markings?! Apparently LMT can give it to you either way. I was told that if I wanted the markings that they would have to be engraved. None of my other guns have the markings of course. What would you guys do?? All advice & replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No cost? It would be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you want the markings in the first place...i dont get it,..All that those damn markings represent is the bullshit legislation with bullshit laws and LE having such priveledges to throw in our faces.We should be disgusted by such markings.

If that seemed harsh...Eat-Me!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone missed their nap.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I could call LMT tomorrow & see if I could get that engraved instead!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm building a no-ban LMT carbine that will have my Colt M4 barrel installed in a LMT upper. When I ordered my LMT Defender lower today, I was asked if I wanted the LE/Govt markings?! Apparently LMT can give it to you either way. I was told that if I wanted the markings that they would have to be engraved. None of my other guns have the markings of course. What would you guys do?? All advice & replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert

Who'd you call to order from?

I like the markings; they're a reminder of a small, but significant triumph where we gun people actually won instead of taking it in the pooper yet again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT has dealer direct pricing. So get your dealer to call or you can if you are an FFL.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
WIgunnut,
I wonder the same thing, those markings just remind me of the 10 years of our trampled rights and BS politics. I'm a LEO and refuse to buy one of these "slap in the face" insult guns.  I respect others interest in wanting one though, although I still give them my 2cents about it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Agreed,... WWII_BUFF_1367...

Oh and El_Roto,...

We dont take naps here in Wisconsin you should know that
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I would not want the LE markings.  They annoy me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why would you want the markings in the first place...i dont get it,..All that those damn markings represent is the bullshit legislation with bullshit laws and LE having such priveledges to throw in our faces.We should be disgusted by such markings.

I personally don't want the markings but wouldn't it be a throw in their faces for such bullshit legislation and bullshit laws.  "LE/Gov't Use Only?  Yea Right Bitches!!!!!!!!!!"  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would not want the LE markings.  They annoy me.

+1
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#13]
If they can control the script, you should ask then if they will engrave this instead:

Not for L.E. or Military use.
Restricted to Civilian use only
Under penalty of federal law
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If they can control the script, you should ask then if they will engrave this instead:

I like it
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
A month ago, an unmarked LMT lower was a hot ticket for a no-muzzle-device-allowed rifle.  Now everybody wants the stupid engraving.  PT Barnum was right .
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well put.

I like this better:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top