Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:50:42 PM EDT
I had a very positive thread on purchasing the Defender. Now I take it would like to ask for opinions to compare the Defender with the JP and Wilson Combat. I will be using it for 3 gun tactical. Any help would be appreciated. Lots of money involved here and I'm new to the AR ownership but I would like a good one so I don't have to buy it twice right away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the jack, get a full blown JP and dont look back.  Worth every penny and the customer service is excellent.

I would avoid the Low Mass operating system..its great for an open gun that is highly specialized...they are very particular about ammo.  Go with JP's stainless "tactical" carrier.  Runs great AND with any ammo.

Good luck,

B

edit to add: make sure you check out the 3 Gun Forum in Training.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only got shooting experience with LMT and own 3 of them, so it's safe to say I like them a lot.  I've checked out Wilsons at shows and stores.  They are nice rifles, but I wouldn't place them any higher than LMT except for their prices.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Again, all things even up the LMT name by itself is cooler.  I have two and they're great.  Good machining, good roll marks, subtle logo.  Great stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top