Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 8:08:52 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with LMT. Seems like a great gun. I have been looking at this and the rra elite operator 2. The LMT cost quite a bit more but it feels much better than the rra.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:14:58 PM EDT
Definitely one of the better ARs.

If you can find one, get it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:17:59 PM EDT
Have messed with both. Get the LMT. Nothing wrong with the RRA, it will do its job. The MRP is a real nice rifle in my mind, if there was a choice between the two, the LMT would be it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:27:22 PM EDT
That what I thought, the LMT feels great. I guess I better get it before I can't, got it on hold at the local gun shop. Too bad it's so hard to find ammo right now. Time to break out the press and use up some of the brass collected at the range.
Thanks for the advice and happy holidays
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:50:14 PM EDT
They're the tits.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:07:34 PM EDT
Since you are a new member I'd suggest reading up on NFA and SBR's. I'd hands down choose the LMT given the choice between those two, but it will be a while before it reaches your hands.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2012 10:08:11 PM EDT by Mauritius]
I have 5 LMTs, you can say it's my brand. Order one straight from LMT, a little more than pre panic prices but not ass rape prices like everywhere else at the moment.

Indeed they are the tits.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 10:09:07 PM EDT

There is a LMT piston upper SBR screaming at me at a local store.....This pic does not help.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:54:10 AM EDT
OP,

The MRP technology is cool, but it's a pretty heavy setup. If it's useful to you, great; if not, and you're not familiar with the AR platform, you would be surprised how much that extra weight affects longer range carry ability. However, no question LMT is "tier one" and RRA is perhaps just below it in perceived quality.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:00:57 AM EDT
What is a normal gun shop price for a LMT CQB MRP? I live in NY so I have to go with the COMP model. I got a price of $1550 +tax. In NY it comes with no muzzle break which is fine with me. My buddy has a stag 3 with pinned muzzle break and its way too loud. I feel sorry for the guys next to him at the range. I am gonna go for it, I have a brand new EoTech EXPS 2-0 to slap on it. Should be a nice setup. My local gun shop guy told me it's the cadillac of ar's compared to the rock river Elite OP 2 which is more like a buick. With everthing that's going on right now I figure I might a well get a rifle I can see keeping for good.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:01:09 AM EDT
Own two LMTs...the rifle you are talking about and the LMTMWS308...great rifles, no worries with them...given the choice Id go with LMT over RRA...
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:15:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2012 5:19:45 AM EDT by AR-LOUIS]
Oops, misread
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:19:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC88-93:

There is a LMT piston upper SBR screaming at me at a local store.....This pic does not help.

You won't be dissapointed if you do decide to get it..When the piston craze first hit the market, I bought one to give it a try and out of the ones I've shot and currently own (LMT and LWRC), the LMT is my personal favorite.

With the MRP, you can swap between DI and piston along with different barrel lengths and caliber. My LWRC's have treated me well also but, I like how easy the piston on the LMT is accessible compared to the LWRC.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:21:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-LOUIS:
What is a normal gun shop price for a LMT CQB MRP? I live in NY so I have to go with the COMP model. I got a price of $1550 +tax. In NY it comes with no muzzle break which is fine with me. My buddy has a stag 3 with pinned muzzle break and its way too loud. I feel sorry for the guys next to him at the range. I am gonna go for it, I have a brand new EoTech EXPS 2-0 to slap on it. Should be a nice setup. My local gun shop guy told me it's the cadillac of ar's compared to the rock river Elite OP 2 which is more like a buick. With everthing that's going on right now I figure I might a well get a rifle I can see keeping for good.

That's a pretty good price given the current situation and I would jump on that in a heartbeat. When I purchased mine back in 2008, I paid $1900 for the 12" Piston SBR MRP..

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:24:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2012 5:24:29 AM EDT by rrudo74901]
Louis,
If you have any dislikes about the LMT and need to sell it to fund another purchase, just shoot me an IM. I will pay over what you are paying so no worries.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:41:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Originally Posted By AR-LOUIS:

That's a pretty good price given the current situation and I would jump on that in a heartbeat. When I purchased mine back in 2008, I paid $1900 for the 12" Piston SBR MRP..

$1550? If you have not yet bought that rush out now and buy it...

After the 2008 election I paid $1950 or for my LMT CQB MRP DI rifle...yup..i got raped//
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:47:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

You won't be dissapointed if you do decide to get it..When the piston craze first hit the market, I bought one to give it a try and out of the ones I've shot and currently own (LMT and LWRC), the LMT is my personal favorite.

With the MRP, you can swap between DI and piston along with different barrel lengths and caliber. My LWRC's have treated me well also but, I like how easy the piston on the LMT is accessible compared to the LWRC.

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/IMG_4632.jpg

To the OP I recently picked up an LMT 10.5". I was comparing to the BCM 11.5 and the choice became easier when the BCM went out of stock. I would definitely choose the LMT over the RRA.

To jBoy I had some questions regarding your setup. I plan to run a suppressor at least 90% of the time, and I had some concerns about gas blowback. I had some feedback on another forum saying most people did not have an issue, but I was curious about your setup. I am most likely going to run a 30 caliber can, and I know that will also reduce gas blowback.

Regarding your setup:

1. Is that a Noveske Switchblock?
2. What type of suppressor?
3. Any issues with blowback? If so what have you tried?

My plan right now is to do the following, or at least some combination. Any input is welcome.

1. BCM charging handle with the RTV trick
2. Seekins Precision low pro adjustable gas block
3. AR Gas Vent

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:57:46 AM EDT
I'm not jBoy but the suppressor is a Knights NT4, and that's a 12.5" LMT MRP barrel with piston gas system.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:28:49 AM EDT
i have the rifle you are asking about and it is hands down one of the best ARs ever made....it is rock solid...absolutely amazing rifle and extremely accurate...this gun makes me look good at the range.

You will never go wrong with an LMT...
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:47:39 AM EDT
I started out with a RRA and it worked just fine. My second AR was an LMT. I still have the LMT. Hands down the best rifle I own.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:49:58 AM EDT
Picked it up today. What a gun. It is balanced very nice and the fit is perfect. Hardly any play between upper and lower. I will post a pic later. Can't wait to get it to the range.
Top Top