Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2004 6:50:25 PM EDT
I've heard of the "enhanced bolt", but I never knew there was an "enhanced" carrier too, til just recently.  What makes the LMT "enhanced" carrier, different than the standard carrier?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a RRA "enhnaced" carrier.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is a RRA "enhnaced" carrier.
www.eaglefirearms.net/images/RRA/Enhanced_and_old_carriers.jpg

that's RRA though.  I was wondering about the LMT version.  Is it the same?  Is it chromed in the inside or something too?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess they have some chrome on the inside. I think I am going to get my standard LMT carrier sand blasted and refinished, its rough and binds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my upper with LMT "standard bolt and carrier."  The carrier looks like the RRA enhanced carrier, but silver.

I'm not sure if I got their enhanced carrier by mistake or not.  

It didn't seem rough to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The enhanced carrier also has some added and repositioned gas ports as well as a raised ring on the carrier face.  My understanding is it was designed for optimum performance in the 14.5 M4.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess they have some chrome on the inside. I think I am going to get my standard LMT carrier sand blasted and refinished, its rough and binds.

They are a little rough.I just put some extra Lube on mine for the first 4-5 hundred rounds as you should anyway when firing a new gun for first time.No problems.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The LMT "standard" carrier is just like the RRA "Enhanced"

The LMT "enhanced" carrier has an extra oil hole and lube grooves.  Wes was selling these along with the super duper bolt early on, but they seem to have disappeared.

My standard LMT B and BC is a nice green phosphate finish, no major burrs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, i guess i'll stick to the standard carrier with an enhanced bolt i guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got an LMT carrier and it looks exactly like the RRA enhanced carrier above.  The portion where the bolt rides in is chrome lined.  Someone said all bolt carriers were chrome lined there but I checked the carrier that came with my Model 1 AR it's not chrome lined  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just got an LMT carrier and it looks exactly like the RRA enhanced carrier above.  The portion where the bolt rides in is chrome lined.  Someone said all bolt carriers were chrome lined there but I checked the carrier that came with my Model 1 AR it's not chrome lined  

is your carrier the "enhanced" version?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Someone said all bolt carriers were chrome lined there but I checked the carrier that came with my Model 1 AR it's not chrome lined  

They were wrong. I have bushy, colt, and CAVArms and none are chromed in any way. The carrier I got from Fulton armory was, but I think that was particular to their "legacy" upper.

I don't recall seeing any chrome on my standard LMT carrier. I just got it, and it was really rough when I shot it. I thought I had oiled it suffieciently, but I was having problems with it short stroking. Added CLP and it started working better. Once the ban expires, I'll take it off my pre-ban lower and put it on a no-ban and wring it out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The LMT enhanced carrier is made to slow the cycling slightly.  Increasing the dwell time of the carrier increases reliabilty in a carbine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top