Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 5:58:09 PM EDT
I was wondering if the LMT barrels are park'ed under the front sight base like the Colt & BCM, OR not like the RRA & BM?? All info is greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Like JTAC says, they are not.  The fact is, once you drill and pin the FSB, the final product looks better when you park as a unit.  That and it saves time.  Everything is uniform in color etc.  If it makes any difference, I don't think the fact that it is not parked under the FSB is that big of a deal.  We take off lots and I have never seen anything but very minor rust but keep in mind these are civvie rifles.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems that only one of my barrels (Colt) is parked under the FSB! That's the one that doesn't have a FSB attached so, it works out in that respect. I'm just trying to decide on whose complete upper for my next 16" M4 build. I've got it narrowed down to LMT & BCM.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]

My LMT (had) a ring of bare metal behind the FSB, like it never was completly parked before or after.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top