Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:30:56 AM EDT
Which sight is tougher and able to withstand bouncing around in a car trunk?  I'm looking for a BUIS that i don't have to worry about breaking.  Anybody got any pros and cons involving these two sights?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Which sight is tougher and able to withstand bouncing around in a car trunk?  I'm looking for a BUIS that i don't have to worry about breaking.  Anybody got any pros and cons involving these two sights?

I have an ARMS #40 A2 flip up and I like it alot. It is out of the way of my EOTech, but if I need it it is fast into action. Being folded down also helps it stay tucked away for durability sake.  My only criticism is that it is only windage adjustable.       Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Fixed = LMT or LaRue
Folding = Troy

Grant I'm jealous, your Troy has the "new" and or "correct" aperture. There really is a difference.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fixed = LMT or LaRue
Folding = Troy

Grant I'm jealous, your Troy has the "new" and or "correct" aperture. There really is a difference.

Wondering why the LT model looks like it is "incorrect"?

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
For fixed, one thing that might make you take the LaRue over the LMT is that it takes up a bit less of the rail. This isn't an issue for most configs... but you couldn't for example fit a LaRue EOtech mount in front of a LMT BUIS (or so I've heard).
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
My preferences are for the LaRue fixed or theTroy folding. Other stuff works, but why not get the best?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top