Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:30:52 PM EDT
Hey guys!  i am a police officer in PA and i am going to purchase an either a .223 or 6.8 LMT.  I want to get either th 14.5 or 10" barrel.  Does anyone know if I can have this weapon put in my name or does it have to be in my departments name?  Also any thoughts on a sight.  What are anyone's feelings on Aimpoint?

PIBBhug.gif
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I really love my Aimpoint, I just have the old ML2 and it works great.  For the 14.5 you can have it in your name by adding a permanently attached flash suppressor.. Otherwise you'd have to fill out paperwork and probably pay special taxes to get a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle).

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
LMT will only sell complete rifles to LEO/military, but anyone can buy their upper and lower and just stick them together.  IIRC it may be for tax reasons.  14.5's without permanent muzzle devices and 10's are NFA items.  You can own them in PA, but you have to go through all the NFA hoopla if you want them in your name.

I honestly don't know what you would need to do for your department to purchase it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top