Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2007 9:33:17 PM EDT
What your opinion of a Leupold Mark 4, 2.5x8 mil-dot, and with a Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC)?

A gun shop here in town has one on clearance ($850).  The BDC is for the 62 grain bullet.  I mostly shoot 55 grainers.  How would you compensate for the difference in bullet weight?  Is this a big deal?

I've never used a BDC so I'm unfamiliar with their use.

I have a long distance shoot (up to 1000+ yards) coming up soon and do to a shoulder injury, I'll be using my .223 for it, and the mil-dot Leupold looks like it would be a good scope, but as I said, I don't have any knowledge using a BDC.

How would the BDC affect the use of different bullet weights from 50 to 77 grain bullets?

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Mark IV on my AR.  You say it has a mildot reticle so I assume the BDC is on the turret.  Leupold will make you a custom turret with a BDC for any bullet weight/velocity you like for about $80.  Out to 300 yards the difference is negligible but if you are shooting beyond that you will probably want a BDC for your particular bullet or switch to the standard turret that just reads in MOA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll need to get a different set of target knobs to match the bullet weight / velocity you shoot to stay calibrated.  Leupold CS will set you up.  I have a M4 3x9 w/ 1/4 MOA knobs and it is kick-ass for stout.  Your 2.5x8 is even better in terms of eye relief.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my Arms Tech USR.  It is extremly clear and easy to use.  I actually use it for mixed ammo and find that my rifle is less than a half an inch off with M193 and M855 at 100 meters.  This scope has eye relief you can't believe.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]

It's a great combo.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top