Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/28/2003 7:05:25 AM EDT
My father came to visit for Christmas, and brought his latest rifle with him. He had purchased a Savage Scout in .308, and had mounted a 2x Burris Pistol scope on the forward scope rail. It performed well, and introduced me to the "scout scope" platform. I own a Bushmaster A2 Dissipator, and would like to attempt to replicate the optic set up found on a scout rifle. I already own an ARMS #39 Bi-Level Mount for my EOTech, and was planning on using ARMS #22L rings in conjunction with a Burris 1.5-4x pistol scope in matte black mounted on the forward rail. Before I do so, I wanted to ask if anyone out there has any opinions or experience regarding this sort of venture. Also, with the scope at 1.5x, will I be able to properly co-witness, or is that unreasonable? Input is appreciated.

Thanks, Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:23:31 AM EDT
It might fit and work out, but I'd try it out. The Germans used a 1.5 optic way out on their K98 rifles as an opticaly aided sight, but had a tiny opitc lens set up. Co witness isn't the end to end all on that type set up since you don't have to worry about a battery dying. I assume it will fit or you would be asking.
Good shootin, Jack
Top Top