Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2002 2:12:35 AM EDT
Greetings,

I was searching for 30-round, oops, I meant "seven-inch pre-ban AR-15 mags" on eBay (they don't permit auctions for mags with >10-round capacity as they are based in Kalifornia, so sellers have to use codewords.)

One seller had "preban AR-15 mags" for sale.  I e-mailed him and asked him all the questions - LEO stamps, date stamps, dents/dings/feed lip cracks, manufacturers, etc. (all of which I've learned from the great people here at AR15.com).

He e-mails me back, and it turns out half the mags were LEO-stamped (I'm not a police officer or active-duty military.)  I suggested that he write a better description of his mags next time, and also suggested that he either [anonymously] give the post-bans to his local PD or destroy them (he's not LE / military or a dealer.)

Did I give him the right advice?  Could he also have sold them to a LE/military type, maybe here in EE?  

Your thoughts, please (but no rants on how the "JBT's shouldn't have stuff we can't have, etc., etc." This is just a technical question.)

Thanks,
Gabe

[Edit] aztrooper, IM sent with link to eBay auction.  I never bought the mags, he described them in his e-mail.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Methinks turning them over would be a quick way to find himself/herself in a whole lotta cow-dung.  Probably better to just destroy them.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I will buy them.  $5.00 each?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top