Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 6:52:19 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm new here and think this is one heck of an informative site. I would like some opinions about building a m4 type tactical rifle. I am a sheriff's deputy and this will be my personal weapon so cost will be an issue. I can get a LEO , colt, lower with everything already installed for 150 bucks. Do you guys think 150 is a fair price? I would raelly like to put a RRA tactical m4 upper on this lower. I really like being able to use the iron sights like it is or adding an optical sight whenever. After seeing the magpul stock here I cant see putting anything else on it for a stock. Do you guys think this would be a cost effective setup or should i just order a LEO carbine from Bushmaster. Any input would be great.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A Bushmaster stripped lower is $150 at least so If you can get a complete Colt lower for $150 you had best jump all over that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
rkw1969,
Just remember to get the rifle on a LEO letter head and sold to the agency/department.

As a LEO pre-ban configuration rifle, the rifle needs to be the agencies property, then gifted to you on retirement.

If the lower is in your name and you build it into a pre ban configuration then you have violated the assault rifle ban, by building an assault rifle for private ownership(you), even though you are LEO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
YOU CAN NOT BUILD A LEO AR ONLY MANFACTER CAN BUILD ONE SORRY
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
rkw1969 since you cant build up off the Colt lower would you mind telling me where I can find said lower to build up as a postban?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
rkw,
 As a owner of both at one point, I would go with purchasing a Bushmaster.  I built up my own DPMS/Armatlite and hated it.  It was not reliable and I finally parted it out to another gentleman.
 I bought my Bushy for about what I built the other and I love.............really LOVE my Bushy.  The Bushy was bought with LE Letterhead for about $750.
 You will not go wrong with an LE factory Bushmaster M-4.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
hey pakrat the guy that has the colt lower has a website called kylearmament.com. he is a class 3 dealer out of Tulsa, Ok. (918)476-5093.I agree with ya devil on buying a complete rifle. i just found an LEO RRA carbine for 750.Hopefully i wont have to ever use the rifle but if i do i want it to run without any malfunctions so a complete rifle will be what i get. thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have purchased from Kelly Kyle at Kyle Armament before and he is good to go.  Got some immaculate Colt parts for much less than SAW sales.  If you want Colt parts go to him.  His "office" is ou tof his home so I was skeptical the first time I ordered but he is 100% legit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top