Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 12:41:06 PM EDT
Is it legal to own a LEO lower PRIOR to the ban expiring, if one would keep the lower at a relative's house and the upper at his own home?  The thought being mate the upper and lower if the ban expires or return the LEO lower and keep the upper should the ban be renewed.

I know that lowers are going to be hard to come by if the ban expires.  The thought of getting one ahead of time and keeping it isolated from my uppers is one idea...AS LONG AS IT'S LEGAL.  The reason that I am asking about the LEO lower is that I really want the LE6920.

Thanks.

UPDATE:  SORRY!!!  I see that someone already asked a similar question below...all right, I feel stupid now
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=198643

check this thread.  It is but you have to get  a dealer to actually let you have it.  I think some of them are a little scared.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link AR-MCADAMS.  I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can own one because the lower itself is no different than any other lower (the evil feature count is the same).  As long as the rifle is in the post-ban configuration and doesnt have a roll mark that is named in the AWB (AR-15, etc...) your good.  They are impossible to get your hands on though.  Your best bet is to presell a complete LEO rifle for shipment to your FFL directly after the ban.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
That is exactly what I am doing. I have already purchased a LE6920 clear across the country and it will be shipped to my local dealer in PA for transfer to me immediately after expiration. The FFL that I had used for prior out of state purchases said he couldn't do the transfer beacusse he didn't have a Class III license! I tried to explain to him that he could and it was completely legal, but he remains "scared" of the BATs. The only thing I am alittle worried about is that if there is excise tax due I would rather just go ahead and pay it rather than have some fed try to accuse me of tax evasion down the road.

Hornet22
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I decided to go the reserve route also.  I have a LEO6920 reserved just for me.  If the ban expires, they will charge me and ship it to my FFL immediately.  If the ban doesn't expire, I've lost nothing...BUT will be very very bummed out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top