Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 12:57:37 PM EDT
Why bring that much heat to yourself after all the bad stories about lawmen not knowing the law. There is already a" nasty "black rifle in my posesion, I dont want one the says LEO for his ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a whole other animal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It will mean no more than "US Gov't Property" on a piece of military surplus once the AW Ban expires and the "LE Only" merchandise starts making it's way into mainstream retailers and surplus distributors.

It will simply be a reminder of a bad time.

Since it will be legal to sell LE Only items after the ban, if a new ban arises they will have to find a new way of marking restricted items.

The Eotech 552 says "for law enforcement and military use only" on it. Does that mean you shouldn't have one? Of course not.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Still its not worth it to me.
I travel across my state for hunting and fun, I just dont want to take my chances with small town lawmen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Don't buy one and you will be set.

See that was easy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still its not worth it to me.
I travel across my state for hunting and fun, I just dont want to take my chances with small town lawmen.

I see your concern - some lawmen are not fully aware of all aspects of federal law, to be sure.
For some reason, a weapon which is fine at the range or in your safe all of a sudden becomes "a scary murder weapon" when it is in the trunk of a car. such silliness.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Why bring that much heat to yourself after all the bad stories about lawmen not knowing the law. There is already a" nasty "black rifle in my posesion, I dont want one the says LEO for his ammo.

Don't do anything stupid, and 99.9% of the time you're not going to see any heat. Most LEOs are not bad people, maybe a little naive at times. Yes, there are a few bad ones, but very few. Keeping a cool head, being honest, and treating the LEO with respect will get you through any lawful action. Yes, you may have to explain a few things to the Leo, but I don't think anyone, lawfully able to own a gun, will be sitting in jail for only possessing a LEO only AR after Sept 13.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top