Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
i got my new delta force catalog and saw this. can this really be legal?
www.deltaforce.com/catalog/uniquetriggersystems.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump fire assist device.  Save your money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
yes it's legal but more importantly, it's garbage.  It is not a machinegun nor does it turn your rifle into one.  

i've seen similar types in the past and they are hard to setup and are very sensitive to abuse.  They don't work well.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm glad i asked. thanks. maybe when i make my millions i can get a DIAS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Legal?  Sure.  It's a trigger activator, just another in a long line of add-on gizmos that guickly toggle the trigger back and forth between the release and reset points.  Nothing new.  It still fires one shot for each trigger pull, so it's not a machine gun by definition.

However, these tend to be unreliable, very uncomfortable on your trigger finger and prevent you from firing it from the shoulder due to the way the trigger must be pulled.  They're usually for hip-firing.  You'll install it and if it works, you'll mumble "cool" to yourself, use it on a couple mags, then uninstall it forever.  That's usually the way these work.

And FYI, some states do prohibit these.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
the most important thing to remember is you can learn to bump fire without one of these...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top