Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:06 AM EDT
I received a shipment of LC XM193 yesterday, lots 095, 098, 099.

There seems to be alot of dented cases [at least 4-5 rounds per box] in lot 095, is this normal?

I have been shooting mostly WWB up to this point, so I don't have much to compare to.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
where did you get it at???
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
ammoman
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Little dents?

perfectly normal.  Don't worry about a thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Little dents?

perfectly normal.  Don't worry about a thing.

+1

If they are severe dents, I would possibly think twice about shooting them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through a few hundred of lot 098 this afternoon...flawless functioning through 7 different 30 mags [all magpul follower equipped].  14.5+V, 1/9 fluted HBAR w/chrome, 9mm buffer, and Colt BCG w/Wolff extractor spring.  Accuraccy was also improved over WWB.

Maybe my previous comment was a bit unfounded based upon appearance.  I'll confirm in a few k rounds, and some rapid fire semi-auto discharge rates;so far, I like.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Ammoman seems to be having alot of problems with his lots of ammo lately.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a 500rnds of LC lot #095 from a gunshow this last weekend and from the few boxes that I've looked through they seem to be fine. Don't know about ours... Maybe shipping problems?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which lots of Ammoman's ammo have alot of problems?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which lots of Ammoman's ammo have alot of problems?

This is news to me also.
What are these lots that you are referring to?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Those case neck dents wont stop it from going BANG when you squeeze the trigger..........Trust me on this
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Those case neck dents wont stop it from going BANG when you squeeze the trigger..........Trust me on this

Exactly.  Plus the dents will be gone after you fire the round.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish the dealers would advertise the lot #s of the XM193.  Bought 2k from ammoman 3 months ago and got lot 86.  the next 2k was purchased from ammoman about two weeks later and the lot was 56 with headstramps of 02.  I know this is not really old but I expected fresher ammo from the same source.
I was in stock up mode so I bought the last 940 rounds Wiedner's had because the advertised the lot # was 97.  Widener's is the only I know that advertises the lot #.
The 3k I received Natchez 5/19 was lot #s 97 and 98 with headstamps of 04 and 05.
I know its difficult for the dealers to advertise the exact lot numbers but something like (lot #s in the high ninety's), or whatever would be ok.

Can't complain much because the stuff shoots so well. I will just use up the lot 56 first.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
DON'T SHOOT THAT STUFF!   I'm going to do you a favor friend.  Look, just pack that junk up and send over to me.  I don't believe the dealer allows returns of Ammo - even if it IS defective.  So pack it up, ship it to me and I'll take care of proper, legal disposal.    We have a system at the range for getting rid of that kind of stuff.  We totally de-construct the rounds and make the casing safe for legal smelting or even landfill burial.

Soooo.... you have dented ammo - don't take a chance on it.   Just send it over I'll take care of it for you.   No Charge.   That's what friends are for.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top