Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2011 12:18:04 PM EDT
So any suggestions on a good factory reloader of LC brass? The place here in Oregon went out of business.....not from lack of business that's for sure.

So, any input?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well technically, you can buy LC reloadable brass case for $.30 cents a round loaded right now.
If you aren't reloading, that is the best it gets for brass loaded stuff.

Why buy someone else's reloads?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
What's so magic about LC brass?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well technically, you can buy LC reloadable brass case for $.30 cents a round loaded right now.
If you aren't reloading, that is the best it gets for brass loaded stuff.

Why buy someone else's reloads?

Factory reloads, not some joe six pack's reloads. It's the military range brass reloaded. During the peak of the ammo shortage I was still getting 500 rounds at $.30 a round without a problem. The place I bought from in Oregon, buyammo.com went out of business...bad management.

Quoted:
What's so magic about LC brass?

It's not that it's some magic brass, but it's the military ammo so it's quality and domestic unlike PMC Bronze which is Korean.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't sell yourself short. PMC is quality ammuition and South Korea is a solid ally of ours. Personally, for the same price, I would buy PMC over anyone's reloads or "factory" reloads. As for your specific question, Ultramax and Black HIlls come to mind as remanufacturers that use LC brass. Personally, I'm not impressed with Ultramax quality and will never buy Black Hills due to it's cost. If you want really inexpensive, quality ammunition using LC brass, start reloading.

1DD
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's not that it's some magic brass, but it's the military ammo so it's quality and domestic unlike PMC Bronze which is Korean.

If you aren't reloading the ammo after you shoot it, I wouldn't worry what brass it's loaded in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you aren't reloading the ammo after you shoot it, I wouldn't worry what brass it's loaded in.

I collect all of my brass and intend on reloading it, I just don't have the equipment yet.

Thank You.

Quoted:
Don't sell yourself short. PMC is quality ammuition and South Korea is a solid ally of ours. Personally, for the same price, I would buy PMC over anyone's reloads or "factory" reloads. As for your specific question, Ultramax and Black HIlls come to mind as remanufacturers that use LC brass. Personally, I'm not impressed with Ultramax quality and will never buy Black Hills due to it's cost. If you want really inexpensive, quality ammunition using LC brass, start reloading.

1DD

I have lots of PMC too, I just prefer LC though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Ultramax 55gr reloads are pretty good. They use LC brass. If you wait until it on sale at Dick's you can get it for a good price. It is generally $65 per 150 at Dick's but it goes on sale a lot for $54.99 and there are a lot of $10 and $15 coupons availible.

Its only worth it if you have a coupon and its on sale otherwise its overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a look at this place. A bit pricey, but....

http://www.scharch.com/products.php?cat=8
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]
My dad bought a bunch of this when it was cheaper, very good stuff. It's 90% LC brass from what we have shot of it but as far as loading goes LC is not my favorite to deal with  http://georgia-arms.com/223rem-1.aspx
You could get some adcom for cheaper yet from http://www.classicarms.us/ as far as how it is for reloading I have read good things but never loaded it myself. Stay away from privi though. shoots good but the brass is junk for loading.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top