Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2004 10:10:59 PM EDT
I called JOEKEN yesterday and asked if they had any LAR lowers in stock and the answer I got was " yeah I think I have some " . I then told the guy I was talking to I needed three and I want to make sure they would ship out right away if I ordered them , He said " I should have three but it will be about a week and a half before I could expect any thing from them " . When I asked why he said "it takes 24 to 48 hours to process a credit card " . Needless to say I did not order from them but I did call LAR and told them what I thought of JOEKEN then I ordered a blemished upper from them and they sent it right out without a 24 to 48 hour wait on my credit card . My problem with JOEKEN is that I have some friends that ordered three AK receivers almost two months ago and were told that they would ship right away but they are still waiting for them and the credit card has already been charged .
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I called JOEKEN yesterday and asked if they had any LAR lowers in stock and the answer I got was " yeah I think I have some " . I then told the guy I was talking to I needed three and I want to make sure they would ship out right away if I ordered them , He said " I should have three but it will be about a week and a half before I could expect any thing from them " . When I asked why he said "it takes 24 to 48 hours to process a credit card " . Needless to say I did not order from them but I did call LAR and told them what I thought of JOEKEN then I ordered a blemished upper from them and they sent it right out without a 24 to 48 hour wait on my credit card . My problem with JOEKEN is that I have some friends that ordered three AK receivers almost two months ago and were told that they would ship right away but they are still waiting for them and the credit card has already been charged .

They claim that they never process a CC until they ship but it seems to be standard operating procedure for them to charge your CC the day of the order.  Then you sit and wait months for your order.  If you are lucky enough, they may answer your emails before hell freezes over.  If you manage to get them on the phone, you will end up listening to their BS stories.  I made the mistake of dealing with them once.  I will never deal with them again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
i just saw some AK parts that came from them...they were all corroded and rusty.  i guess joeken wouldn't take them back either.

avoid like the plague.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
JOEKEN does not have the greatest reputation around here, or on many other gun related sites.  No personal experience, but based on the number of reports, all reporting very similar problems, it will keep me away from them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
JOEKEN does not have the greatest reputation around here, or on many other gun related sites.  No personal experience, but based on the number of reports, all reporting very similar problems, it will keep me away from them.

And yet the honchos at the "other" AK web site (not the one we have) seem to love thrm, despite people over there posting the same kind of comments I see here.  Needless to say, they are not on my supplier list
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There is only one person i will deal with when I do business with Joeken, the new guy Andrew.  Place your orders directly through him, or place a order and email him ASAP about it and it will be taken care of in a orderly manner.  If you dont deal with him directly, expect to wait 3 or more months to get a less than quality part.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Ar 15 from JOEKEN last year. They jerked me around. I finally got my money back.
They took my order after the Manufacturer had pulled the product from them. Buyer Beware

Go to RBPERCISION.com
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 avoiding Joeken
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure am glad I didn't order from them the other day , my friends AK receivers came in today and he is not happy . To start with they are not the ones he ordered , he payed extra to have the ejectors tig weled and it is not done on any of them , they are not blued and the trunion holes are not drilled . He called them up and they offered to take them back and send him others but after almost two months to get them who is going to trust sending them back to wait on others . There is no way I will ever buy from JOEKEN .
Oh and get this they are now doing buisness using their gunsmith liscense since thier dealers is up for renewal . The dealer the sale went through said this is a no-no but JOEKEN is doing it .
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:54:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered form them before I started wathcing this board.  They received/cashed my check w/in 4 days of mailing and item was shipped next day per tracking number.  Item (lower) received w/in 3 days of shippment.  Good quality lower.  I have no complaints.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

[EDIT] p.s.  FFL is O.K.  They sent a signed (Blue Ink) copy of FFL with BATF(E) extention letter.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top