Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 8:04:51 PM EDT
ANY ONE OUT THERE HAVE A GRIZZLY LOWER, OR SEEN ONE HINKINGPIC'S WOULD BE NICE ! THANKS.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]

www.largrizzly.com/grizzly15.htm

MT

If you have any question shoot me an email or IM..
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
dont get one thru Joeken..ive been waiting 3 weeks and 4 days and they keep telling me..its supposed to be here in acouple days....told me that like 3 times already.I'm calling them tomarrow to cancel my order.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The biggest problem with the LAR Lowers is keeping them in stock ...

MT
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dont get one thru Joeken..ive been waiting 3 weeks and 4 days and they keep telling me..its supposed to be here in acouple days....told me that like 3 times already.I'm calling them tomarrow to cancel my order.

I have been waiting for over six weeks to have them arrive at my FFL. I knew Joeken was too good to be true.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Th eArmory in Va. Beach, Va. has a box full-check their site.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine from the Armory in VAB, as they're close to my house!  

Finish is as nice as you'll find.  Its anodized, and then dry film coated, I guess with a teflon moly coating.  Not sure.  It's tough, though, and seems to wear well.  I gave one to my brother, and he's not what you would call gentle with things, and it has held up a lot better than the finish on a DPMS and a RRA that he has.

Everything lined up and went together perfectly, 2 w/BM parts, and 1 w/RRA parts.  The only issue that I had was the front pivot pin detent springs had to have about 1/8 inch cut off of them for everything to work nicely.  I'm used to trimming those, anyway, so it was no big deal.

All 3 of mine function perfectly.  I would definately purchase them again, and will probably use them for further builds.  

Oh, it seems the mag wells are on the tight side.  Not as tight as an OLY, but not as loose as an AR/BM/C lower.  Not so tight as to prevent USGI mags or steel ones from working, but they may not "Drop free".  This is a whole different issue to me.  I change mags by hitting the button and pulling the mag out (tactical reload with retention), how much force it takes to remove it is only a matter of novelty to me.  Some people demand that every lower drop free every mag they have, I don't.  No big deal to me.  YMMV.  I prefer "snug".

Tom  

edited for spelling!  First day with my new fingers
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the Armory's web site?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure of their site,phone is 757 424 1617, be open at 11:00
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
THANKS FOR THE INFO, WAS LOOKING AT JOEKEN, TO ORDER 3 LOWERS, BUT I WILL HAVE TO RE-THINK THAT. THANKS AGAIN.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
*UPDATE*

Now I know why its been taking so fricking long! My FFL, bless his heart, called Joeken and asked them what the deal was. They said they had his FFL, but no order! My FFL, again bless his heart, promptly gave them the dates that he corresponded with them along with what they corresponded about! They said they would get back to him on Thursday or Friday. Here it is now Monday going into the 7th, thats right, 7th week that I have been waiting for these lowers. Let this be a warning to all other ARFCOMers: Steer clear of Joeken Firearms!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#12]
i gor a grizzly lower from cmmg, i love it, fit and finish are great, and assembly was a snap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top