Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:46:19 AM EDT
For those of you that use Kurt for gunsmithing, this is some sad news.

I e-mailed him for a quote on some work that I wanted done, and I received a reply this morning from his wife saying that he passed away Saturday night.

He did some great work and will be missed!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Yep, just checked the Forums on his website:

it is with heavy heart and bleary eyes i have to inform you all that kurt has passed away. he died saturday night. this business meant the world to him.so in respect for him i am letting you all know of his passing

He was a craftsman of great skill.

Godspeed, Kurt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#2]
KKF did some work for me way back in the day.  He reprofiled my heavy-ass Dissipator barrel to a gov profile.  Made the rifle handle much better.  

RIP Kurt.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh wow...this sucks, big time. I have been a customer of his for a while and he did do some great work.

RIP Kurt Wala  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I was referred to him by a fellow board member and was about to give him a call anyday. That's very sad.

Best of wishes to his wife & family.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure did like Kurt and his work.  I would recommend him whenever possible.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
sad news. he was one of the early guys on AR15.com, before Y2K

A news report on his death

R.I.P.

-psywar
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
A true craftsman and individualist. Will be missed by much more than the weapons world. RIP Kurt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
This was posted in GD several days ago and in the Florida Hometown section
I was going to ask a Mod to tack it in GD but it turned ugly because some guy Posted a Bushy M17 for sale on Kurt's Webpage  stating "No more will be made " which made members here upset and Kurt's wife was upset also

I cannot say enough good things about Kurt and i've expressed that here already and to his family

In regards to his accident I will post what actually happened as told to me by his Cousin:

"As usual media got it all wrong. I talked to his wife (briefly) & she wasn't into bikes, but I tried to piece together from her description and I believe it was a 1987 Honda VF750C Super Magna  
It appears he & the SUV entered a turn side by side, and the SUV drifted uinto his lane. The handlebars left scrape down the whole side of the SUV, but witnesses say he got clear of the SUV and encountered road work and a huge hole that stopped the bike cold, and he went over the bars and landed flat on his back on the pavement, killing him instantly. He wore a matching Yellow helmet & there wasn't a mark on his body."

Rest easy Bro, you were one of the Good Guys

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top