Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2005 1:26:56 AM EDT
Alright,

I'm going all the way. No turning back. Its time for the GunKote. I have a 20" and it refuses to be a safe queen. So, now that I have anounced my intentions...down to business:

It sounds as if Gunkote should be baked at 300 degrees. My only worry is for the plastic handguards and the buttstock...will they melt? Maybe run at a lower temp for longer period of time? Any input is appreciated.

Oh and one other thing: Can I paint my rubber ergo grip?

Thank you hippie.gif
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Do your plastics at 250 degrees for 2 hours, but remember to make sure your oven temperature is exact.  Without an oven thermometer, you could be wasting your time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
My AR

Has the Duracoat on it. The hogue rubber grip, the rubber buttstock padding and even the Foam for the ACE was painted. So far it is holding up very well. the rifle gets used alot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top