Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:59:30 AM EDT
Has anyone tried out the Russian Kobra red dot sight on a M-4?

I have a side mount one on my AK, and really like it.

Does anyone have a picture of the top mount Kobra on a M-4 or AR?

Please post.

Can the iron sights still be used? I know that on the AK, they are not useable without
removing the Kobra.

I have the RRA Dominator rail rear iron sights on my AR, and am hoping that they can still be used
with the Kobra.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:05:19 AM EDT
russian scope on american rifle? it sounds weird

j/k

I remember there was someone with that sight on a 20''AR... sorry I can't remember who
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 11:54:20 AM EDT by DevL]
The RRA dominator and Kobra are probably as closely matched in terms of features, quality, thoughfullness of design and usefullness of any BUIS and optic out there.

That was supposed to be a joke if you didnt get it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:40:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bharney:

I know at least one person who's done it.

I'm sure, but now that you have an AR you can get some real optics like an EOTech

Can the iron sights still be used?

No, which is one of the reasons the Kobra is not often seen on ARs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:10:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By bharney:

I know at least one person who's done it.

I'm sure, but now that you have an AR you can get some real optics like an EOTech

Can the iron sights still be used?

No, which is one of the reasons the Kobra is not often seen on ARs.

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:32:45 AM EDT
Because of the design of the Kobra, with that raised area in the back, you have to lift your head pretty high to see the complete "window" on the Kobras when you mount them on an M4.

I had one on one of my flat top rifles for a while...other than what I mentioned, it's the only issue I had.

With the gradual price rise of the Kobras over the last 18 months, they're not the bargain they used to be...you can get a used Holosight for around $160, and they're much better suited to a flat top AR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:17 AM EDT

Did try it briefly while waiting to get my Eotech. Might work better with the telestock and the cheekpiece that goes with it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:55:48 PM EDT
It is disappointing it sits so high. A battle proven optic for under $200 is a bargain.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:49:48 PM EDT
Battle proven? They are hunks of shit. Mine had the power switch die from a 2 foot drop onto grass and the recoil killed LEDs that made up some of the reticles. On top of that its not waterproof.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:09:06 PM EDT
Isn't that kinda like putting all season tires you bought used at the bargain shop on a Porsche?
Top Top