Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:56 AM EDT
I am swapping barrels on two uppers for a friend who will later be installing a Knights RAS 5 rail system.  I am not familiar with the entire workings of the RAS 5, but I did some quick looking around online and see that it can be installed without removal of the gas block/front sight, but what I don't know is whether I should install the barrell for him with or without the delta ring.  Also, should I remove the front handguard holder (not sure the official name, as it is not illustrated on the parts diagram.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll need to have both to install an M5 RAS.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
it's a two piece non-freefloat.  Goes on like a regular set of handguards.  The only difference being there is a little piece that straddles the gas tube.  If it's the M4 RAS, then D-Ring removal is required...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top