Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2002 10:58:04 AM EDT
I read all the different opinions as to what rifle, members suggest to other members for specific needs and what have you. I don't commonly see or ever remember anyone suggesting "buy a Knight's SR15", am I missing something here? I would like to be informed, as I know there are members out there to inform me. I have a SR15 Match rifle, but can't tell you how it performs, because it is NIB. I have never even taken the time to put optics on it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The main problem with Knight's rifles (as well as Wilson Combat and Les Baer) is the price.  $1500 and up is a lot to pay for a postban rifle.  While i am sure that the quality of these products is superb, they really can't be that much better than a high end Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, or Rock River.  For as much as $700 less, you can get a comparable rifle.  Once you have the rifle, you can accessorize from there .  Knight's and Les Baer do come with Railed handguards, but these can be had for a great price if you search around the different dealers.  The match trigger included in those rifles isn't worth the price either.  A good match trigger can be had for between $100 to $200.  The high price does not make the rifles a good value for the money in the long run.  I did some research when I first started shopping for a postban rifle.  I can put together a Rock River Arms AR package with all the features of a knight's M4 for between $1100 and $1200.  I can get the exact parts I want and I can save a few bucks and get a rifle that is just as good if not better than the Knight's, the Wilson's, or the Les Baer's.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know where you're shopping, but if you're paying $1500 for a Knight's M4, you're getting taken.  I got mine for $1250 after shopping around.  The quality is unmatched, it comes with the facory-installed RAS, and excellent match trigger.  The real reason I bought mine, however, is that I have heard from reliable sources that they will not be producing the SR-15 anymore because they are putting all their resources into military SR-25 contracts.  That would make them collector's items.  Here's a picture of mine, and yes, that is my basset hound Cameron in the picture:

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They are not going to stop making the SR15.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
M4 RAS $300.00, 300M flip-up rear sight $125.00,
two-stage match tigger $250.00 for a total of $675.00. If you subtract that from the going price of $1395.00(CFI) that brings the price to $720.00, which is about right for a M4 ar-15.                      
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, alright, i was wrong.  For some reason i thought the price was higher (around $1600) than what it is.  It is a good deal.  I am not sure why more people don't just get one or reccomend them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The main problem with Knight's rifles (as well as Wilson Combat and Les Baer) is the price.  $1500 and up is a lot to pay for a postban rifle.  While i am sure that the quality of these products is superb, they really can't be that much better than a high end Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, or Rock River.  For as much as $700 less, you can get a comparable rifle.  Once you have the rifle, you can accessorize from there .  Knight's and Les Baer do come with Railed handguards, but these can be had for a great price if you search around the different dealers.  The match trigger included in those rifles isn't worth the price either.  A good match trigger can be had for between $100 to $200.  The high price does not make the rifles a good value for the money in the long run.  I did some research when I first started shopping for a postban rifle.  I can put together a Rock River Arms AR package with all the features of a knight's M4 for between $1100 and $1200.  I can get the exact parts I want and I can save a few bucks and get a rifle that is just as good if not better than the Knight's, the Wilson's, or the Les Baer's.

You get what you pay for.  I have a KAC SR15 and it is worth every penny I paid for it.

I read all the different opinions as to what rifle, members suggest to other members for specific needs and what have you. I don't commonly see or ever remember anyone suggesting "buy a Knight's SR15", am I missing something here? I would like to be informed, as I know there are members out there to inform me. I have a SR15 Match rifle, but can't tell you how it performs, because it is NIB. I have never even taken the time to put optics on it.

Do yourself a great favor, shoot it!  You will be glad you did.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top