Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2002 1:50:24 PM EDT
Will this fit my Bushy Dissipator with triangular front handguard retainer?

Thanks,
Bradd
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Bradd D, you're in luck today!  Thanks to PaulE from MSTN [url]http://mstn.biz[/url] , I have just completed assembly of the KAC M5 RAS #98065 with accessories on my stock Dissipator and could not be happier with the result!  I did not want a free-floating RAS or RASII; the M5 RAS fit perfectly (using the triangular guide) and seems incredibly sturdy.

I mounted the Aimpoint CompM2 on an ARMS 22M68 and mounted that assembly to the very rear of the RAC, just close enough to the front of the A3 handle to flip the reticle cover without restriction.  Perfect positioning for me to retain the handle irons.  

I'm using a Dieter CQD foregrip in front of a 6-rib panel, along with a KAC heavy duty push-button sling swivel/adaptor, #98720, on the left side.

Paul at MSTN provided me the absolute best customer service I have ever received from a retailer anywhere.  He patiently fielded my countless questions and provided me excellent suggestions for my consideration, all from his own extensive personal experience.  Sorry, but no digital camera set-up here to pass on a photo.

O'DubhGhaill
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
O'DubhGhaill,
Thanks for the reply.  I would love to see your setup.  BTW, do you like your Dissipator as much as I like mine?

Thanks,
Bradd
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bradd_D, if you like your Dissy a lot, then I like mine even more!  

I have always preferred the full length irons over the abbreviated M4's and CAR's from my 1980's USMC days; the Dissy gives me the best of both worlds now in not-too-short 16" carbine length (fluted heavy barrel with AK style muzzle brake).  Further, the Dissy gives me all the real estate I can foresee needing to fit various "optics, sights, and mounts," etc., between upper receiver and front sight post.  The weapon meets all current needs and is suited to meet any that almost certainly will arise...say an AN/PVS-14...any info out there on my mount query?  O'DubhGhaill out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I LOVE MY DISSY, TOO!  Oooops, did I say that out loud?  LOL.  Good to hear other Dissy owners comment on their set-ups!

Good to hear that the RAS M5 works well with the Dissy.  I thought about getting one too, but I just dont know what I'm going to do yet.

Would be cool to see a pic...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top