Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/26/2003 3:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/26/2003 3:46:29 PM EDT by TigerStripe]
Installation of the MWS on your CAR length rifles is as simple as.....It requires no specific tools or skills.... Although I have no experience with these, I call

Set me straight if I need to be.

TS

Edited to add the link:

www.jtdistributing.com/ar15/knights_armament.shtml
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/26/2003 4:04:00 PM EDT by Falcatta]
Well I just ordered one so I'll know for sure in about a week but if you look at the pictures it looks like a direct swap out for the plastic forend. all the other KAC pieces seem to be for freefloating and of course they would need some elbow grease and a few tools. Why do you think it's BS?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:08:39 PM EDT
The regular RAS is a straight swap of handguards. The freefloat Ras requires removal of the front sight post.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/26/2003 11:22:52 PM EDT by TigerStripe]
Originally Posted By Falcatta: Well I just ordered one so I'll know for sure in about a week but if you look at the pictures it looks like a direct swap out for the plastic forend. all the other KAC pieces seem to be for freefloating and of course they would need some elbow grease and a few tools. Why do you think it's BS?
View Quote
I've been looking at RAS's and have been told that a gunsmith is required to put them on. I see that I was putting them all in the FF RAS category as that was my assumption from the information which I had. Thanks for putting me in the know. I thought it [b][u]might[/b][/u] have been BS to get some $309 sales, as some companies will do this. [b][red]I haven't heard anything implying that J&T would do this[/red], but other companies have and will.[/b] TS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:25:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mikeinkc: The regular RAS is a straight swap of handguards. The freefloat Ras requires removal of the front sight post.
View Quote
With the front sight post removed during installation can the flipup sights be installed as well without much more gunsmithing? TS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:30:53 PM EDT
The standard RAS requires no more skill than the ability to jiggle a locking tab into the barrel nut and tightening down a hex head screw with the included wrench.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:52:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
Originally Posted By mikeinkc: The regular RAS is a straight swap of handguards. The freefloat Ras requires removal of the front sight post.
View Quote
With the front sight post removed during installation can the flipup sights be installed as well without much more gunsmithing? TS
View Quote
Yep. If its the gas block kind.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:30:26 AM EDT
It's a Colt MT6400/M4 1x7 barrel. Don't know if it's gas block or not. TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:08:47 AM EDT
Not that this is what you asked, but the RAS II also does not require the use of any special tools. There is very little to the install and I did mine on the kitchen countertop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:58:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 444: Not that this is what you asked, but the RAS II also does not require the use of any special tools. There is very little to the install and I did mine on the kitchen countertop.
View Quote
I'll check it out, or re- check it out. TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:51:16 AM EDT
http://www.quarterbore.com/kac/kacrasii.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:09:54 AM EDT
Installing a PRI front sight may require drilling of the taper pin holes as new gas blocks dont always line up correctly. You should let Kurt Wala do it for you and save the headache.
Top Top