Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/11/2003 6:35:58 AM EDT
Which is better? I know that ARMS is top quality, user friendly, and decently priced, but Knight's equipment is used by the SEALS, SF, SOG, SOCOM, etc. Are both Quick Detatch, and are both sturdy?

Give me your opinions and links to maybe where I can find these.

I am leaving the ACOG Reflex II Triangle and getting hip with the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:55:19 AM EDT
The GG&G has battery storage. A feature not found on the ARMS or the Knights.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:58:31 AM EDT
The ARMS is definitly the strongest, try and steer clear of the gg&g i broke two
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:06:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 7:07:53 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
How did you do that? I'm really curious as to how one would "break" such a stout piece of gear. You actually think the ARMS throw lever mount is stronger? Interesting....
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:15:35 AM EDT
Stout? One drop and they all will have a problem with no real support directly under them. I already mentioned that the ARMS has the most beef support under it. Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:24:59 AM EDT
No "cantilever" mounts have support directly beneath them. Hence the cantilever. I've beaten mine up pretty fiercely without damage. Have you actually broken one, Jack?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:31:21 AM EDT
I droped mine it broke and i wasent happyy about it if i still had it i would post a pic
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:39:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 7:40:37 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
...and then you bought another and did the same thing? I'm curious as to where the "break" occurred. Was it the ring, the shaft, or the where it mounts to the flattop?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:43:45 AM EDT
The shaft and yes i was dumb and bought another
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:48:02 AM EDT
Why didn't you try to return it to GG&G? The shaft? [img]http://www.gggaz.com/images/APCantileverRing/group1.jpg[/img] Wow. That's a solid piece of metal that broke. I'd have thought the leverage created by the impact would have pried the contact point between the mount and the flattop. But you say that that solid piece of aluminum sheared, huh? Remarkable.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:29:19 AM EDT
Glad you posted the pic. the gg&g is week look at the thinest point on the mount. one of mine bent the other cracked. ther is nothing strong about it if it is hit from the top. one of mine fell over leening on a tree, landed right on the scope end of that mount. The other got bent in a soft carry case i dont know how it hapened it just did
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:48:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 9:50:15 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
Originally Posted By thirddegree: Glad you posted the pic. the gg&g is week look at the thinest point on the mount. one of mine bent the other cracked. ther is nothing strong about it if it is hit from the top. one of mine fell over leening on a tree, landed right on the scope end of that mount. The other got bent in a soft carry case i dont know how it hapened it just did
View Quote
The "thinnest point of the mount" is a thick, solid piece of aluminum. Thicker than the walls of your upper receiver (assuming you have an upper). You're actually claiming that it "cracked" by falling over while leaning against a tree? (and hitting dirt?) I'm looking at one in my hand, right now. I just don't see that as physically possible, sorry. I doubt you could "crack" that part of the mount with a sledge hammer, let alone a fall as you describe.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:32:00 AM EDT
So we know that the GG&G is not good but I did not ask about it. Which is better between the Knight's and the ARMS. Is the KNight's QD and does it have REZERO capabilities or should I just go with the ARMS Cantilever?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:58:12 AM EDT
I dont know whats wrong with others (lemon?), but I had a GG&G, sold it and got the KAC. I dont think I could break those two. Both are solid piece of aluminium and of course, stylish!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:02:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 1:48:08 PM EDT by Va_Dinger]
Sounds fishy to me. I used to own a GG&G cantilever. If my memory serves me correctly that's a solid piece of aluminum. I assume that you dropped it. How far did it fall? I've never heard of anyone braking a GG&G mount before, and you broke two? I guess its certainly possible, as "3rdtk" stated any cantilever mount is more susceptible to damage due to the lack of support directly under the scope. But dam, two of them? Also, U.S. Special Forces certainly uses alot of Knights Armament products, but I've only seen one photo of a cantilever Aimpoint mount being used, it was of a Marine Force Recon operator using a Knights. I think its safe to say that the regular Aimpoint QRP mount is far more prevalent.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:21:03 AM EDT
I had the KAC mount for a while. Its an excellent mount, as is the ARMS 22M68 w/extension (which Im running now). Basically I liked the fact that the ARMS offered a little more support. That and I like the QD feature. Ive never had the least bit of problem with any ARMS throw lever.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:15:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:08:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thirddegree: Glad you posted the pic. the gg&g is week look at the thinest point on the mount. one of mine bent the other cracked. ther is nothing strong about it if it is hit from the top. one of mine fell over leening on a tree, landed right on the scope end of that mount. The other got bent in a soft carry case i dont know how it hapened it just did
View Quote
Idiot. Doesn't take rocket science here to figure out that thirddegree and 3rdtk are one and the same semi-literate entities. For cryin' out loud...at least try a bit harder there 3rdtk hack....
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:46:14 PM EDT
DUBA, Get off your bs band wagon and general crap of stupid personel attacks and dumb ass accusations. Get a life in something you might have some knowledge of. Jack
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:53:52 PM EDT
My guess is that it was a 3rdtk wannabbe - Jack rarely pulls any punches in his/their own name - I doubt he would bother re-registering just to slag GG&G
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:09:23 PM EDT
Id be suprised if someone broke a coupla GG&G mounts myself. But jeez man, while I too would like to see more detailed info, I'm not about to start implying someone was a liar right off the bat. I think it is also in poor taste to accuse someone of being someone else without any evidence. Especially if the reason you are doing so is because the person you are accusing posted info without any evidence. Please refrain from so much finger pointing and name calling. Please stick wither to just the facts, or, your opinion on specifics in relation to optics and gear.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:28:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thirddegree: The ARMS is definitly the strongest, try and steer clear of the gg&g i broke two
View Quote
I beg your pardon , no flame intended , but I do not believe this is possible , please explain what's happened , very curious of the details PP out
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:52:44 AM EDT
try and steer clear of the gg&g i broke two
View Quote
Sorry I am not a big fan of GG&G, but how did you break 2? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:05:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdtk: DUBA, Get off your bs band wagon and general crap of stupid personel attacks and dumb ass accusations. Get a life in something you might have some knowledge of. Jack
View Quote
Truth hurts, eh 3rdtk/thirddegree/?...? Take your own advise because no one else will.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:17:42 AM EDT
I think you need to BACK OFF on this. 3rdtk and thirddegree are NOT the same person. While it's true I differ with Jack in his opinion, I believe in his sincerity, and respect his expertise and experience. thirddegree's story of a GG&G Cantilever Mount breaking because of a fall while "leaning against a tree", is a different issue entirly. I think it's a case of thirddegree being overzealous in his desire to make a point. In his overzealousness, he engaged in a little hyperbole (to be kind).
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:46:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By new-arguy: Id be suprised if someone broke a coupla GG&G mounts myself. But jeez man, while I too would like to see more detailed info, I'm not about to start implying someone was a liar right off the bat. I think it is also in poor taste to accuse someone of being someone else without any evidence. Especially if the reason you are doing so is because the person you are accusing posted info without any evidence. Please refrain from so much finger pointing and name calling. Please stick wither to just the facts, or, your opinion on specifics in relation to optics and gear.
View Quote
The topic is "Knight Cantilever for Aimpoint of ARMS. Facts: I have NEVER seen or heard of anyone breaking a Knight's or GG&G cantilever mount, in field or out, in service or out. I've posted on this subject before, both as to fact and opinion. Some readers here remember one thread in particular that I can no longer access (I've been meaning to get my membership cheque out soon...) Fact: 3rdtk has repeatedly posted ridiculously negative, unproven, unsubstantiated comment on cantilevers, that is, unil ARMS made one; one need only read his posts within and beyond 30 days to confirm. When challenged, 3rdtk was not able to substantiate his claims with any degree of personal experience -- interestingly, the "newbie" thirddegree would like us to believe it can. Fact and evidence: few if any people I read here have as atrocious spelling and grammar habits as one of the more prolific 3rdtk entities so obssessed with the cantilever issue. The spelling, syntax, and agenda of "newbie" thirddegree and very similar, if not identical to posts of one of the 3rdtk entities on this very same subject. The thirddegree tale is as childishly similar as the 3rdtk "brush-catcher" comic parody from a few months back, again, in spelling, syntax, agenda; the thirddegree posts offer the identical "logic" and and argument of 3rdtk...just read and compare the "dialogue" in [i]this[/i] thread alone. I despise phonies with an agenda. You may not like what I have to say or the way I say it, but I think the dots can be very easily connected here by others than me. I simply want the high standards for forthright and sometimes spicy/harsh discourse I've come to appreciate here to be maintained; as an AR15.com moderator I'd expect you would too. However, as a moderator I truly respect, I will heed your warning here. Nuff said by me I guess. O'DubhGhaill, out. [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:32:19 PM EDT
Oh well, if someone hasn't caught equipment in brush and doesn't realize that the AR's are designed to minimize that occurance, then why would he understand (or admit)the obvious brush catching issue mounted on the weapon, unless he has a vested interest in what he defends.HMMMMM! If Dubba or Bubba,whatever, thinks someone must be a 3dtk because of a mispelling and or point's out something that he can't conceive, that is typical of his almost humorous but still unjustified annoying illogical personal attacks at someone, anyone. I have said I don't like any cantiliver mounts for the reasons I and many others are familiar with, and that includes anything else that is very prone to snagging and or easily damaged in the field. That also is standard military policy, bubba go attack them, not me. Like I already said, if I had to make a choice, it's obvious to me and it appears others also, that the ARMS one is a good or best choice for more than one reason. I'm sorry I feel that way, but experience has taught me a lot more than your ranting denials. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:42:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 3:56:56 AM EDT by O_DubhGhaill]
Originally Posted By 3rdtk: Oh well, if someone hasn't caught equipment in brush and doesn't realize that the AR's are designed to minimize that occurance, then why would he understand (or admit)the obvious brush catching issue mounted on the weapon, unless he has a vested interest in what he defends.HMMMMM!
View Quote
You obviously have something to say here as you expended quite a few words in the attempt, but in order to properly communicate your argument, you need to put the words together in a manner that makes some form of sense. In other words, what on earth does this sentence mean? Not a personal attack, just a request for some clarification...I'm not reading you, over?
If Dubba or Bubba,whatever,
View Quote
it's O'DubhGhaill -- the cut and paste feature makes it real easy
thinks someone must be a 3dtk because of a mispelling and or point's out something that he can't conceive,
View Quote
Again, what are you talking about? What is it that you think I cannot conceive?
. . . I have said I don't like any cantiliver mounts for the reasons I and many others are familiar with,
View Quote
Yes I remember your parody a while back about using your weapon as brush-breaker for some ungodly and certainly un-tactictal purpose and reaching the conclusion that Knight's and GG&G cantilevers were worthless.
and and that includes anything else that is very prone to snagging and or easily damaged in the field. That also is standard military policy, bubba go attack them, not me.
View Quote
Um, several Force and Battalion Recon Marines I know, shall I say, [i]personally[/i], have used the Knight's cantilever in [i]actual[/i] (not parodied) green and black side tactical situations without a hitch and without a complaint. What "standard military policy" are you referring to?
Like I already said, if I had to make a choice, it's obvious to me and it appears others also, that the ARMS one is a good or best choice for more than one reason. I'm sorry I feel that way, but experience has taught me a lot more than your ranting denials.
View Quote
If you are referring to the brand new A.R.M.S. cantilever spacer, then I agree it is a good choice (I recently acquired one from MSTN and am enjoying it), but be honest here, until A.R.M.S. came up with this product, you had absolutely NOTHING positive to say about then-existing cantilever products, specifically, or the cantilever concept, generally. You may be able to fool those who cannot access threads more than 30 days ago, but you cannot fool those of us who were there! As for your "experience," AGAIN, as I have fruitlessly done in the past, I challenge you to support your argument with elaboration on your "experience." I have done so in prior in threads. You have not. Now, if you consider THAT a personal attack, that is your problem exclusively. O'DubhGhaill [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:54:18 AM EDT
Dubba, I agree with everything you say, just don't forget to take your medication. Jack
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:58:48 AM EDT
3rdtk, do you actually believe that ARMS products are superior to every product made by GG&G and KAC? I mean its one thing to promote ARMS products and bring attention to them but to continually state ARMS is superior to everything and cantilevered mounts suck, but oh wait ARMS now has a cantilevered moutns so now I still dont like em but if you get one the ARMS is best, is just a bit over the top. When you first denied being 3rd Panzer/Dick Swan/Whoever it was believeable but the fact you ONLY post on ARMS products, ONLY reccomend ARMS products and get pissy with anyone who says AMRS products are anything but the best in the world really is just too much. It should be no supprise you get called out when you state you are NOT afilliated with ARMS your NOT Dick Swan and you hate certain types of products but WAIT when its released you have tried that too....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 8:43:44 AM EDT by Ellery_Holt]
Originally Posted By DevL: 3rdtk...I mean its one thing to promote ARMS products and bring attention to them...
View Quote
Am I the only one who has developed an assosication between 3rdtk and ARMS? Yes, he's bringing all kinds of attention to ARMS --an entirely negative attention. 3rdtk is any business' worst nightmare of a spokesperson(s). Is it the flip-up sight or the flipped-out post? The cantilevered mount or the cant-employ-reason rant? It's all beginning to blend. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:30:04 AM EDT
Ok guys, quit the arguing and help me vote or decide please. I am ordering right now and I need to know. GG&G or Knight's. I just watched tears of the sun and one guy had a GG&G on his rifle with a aimpoint and a suppressor that looked pretty badass! Take a look at the movie and tell me what you think. I mean is it really possible to break a GG&G or Knight's. I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility but I don't think it happens when a rifle falls from leaning on a tree onto soft ground.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 1:28:58 PM EDT by O_DubhGhaill]
Originally Posted By DevL: 3rdtk, do you actually believe that ARMS products are superior to every product made by GG&G and KAC? I mean its one thing to promote ARMS products and bring attention to them but to continually state ARMS is superior to everything and cantilevered mounts suck, but oh wait ARMS now has a cantilevered moutns so now I still dont like em but if you get one the ARMS is best, is just a bit over the top. When you first denied being 3rd Panzer/Dick Swan/Whoever it was believeable but the fact you ONLY post on ARMS products, ONLY reccomend ARMS products and get pissy with anyone who says AMRS products are anything but the best in the world really is just too much. It should be no supprise you get called out when you state you are NOT afilliated with ARMS your NOT Dick Swan and you hate certain types of products but WAIT when its released you have tried that too....
View Quote
DevL, since you brought it up, I spoke quite a while back with a rep from A.R.M.S. by the name of "Dick" on the telephone about an A.R.M.S. ring height query I had. The response I got was a monologue about the benefits of getting the optic as high as possible, how I should be able to use my irons below the optic mount assembly, this is how the German snipers in WWII did it, etc, etc. I then read a thread a few months ago about a ring height issue for an AR15 mounted scope. 3rdtk's response was the same, almost verbatim, as the one "Dick" provided me on the telephone several weeks before. I am convinced 3rdtk is "Dick," (I believe David Lutz of Knight's is as well per prior posts of his on the subject) an employee of A.R.M.S. who refuses to admit it and to subscribe to this site as a dealer.
Originally Posted By Ellery_Holt:
Originally Posted By DevL: 3rdtk...I mean its one thing to promote ARMS products and bring attention to them...
View Quote
Am I the only one who has developed an assosication between 3rdtk and ARMS? Yes, he's bringing all kinds of attention to ARMS --an entirely negative attention. 3rdtk is any business' worst nightmare of a spokesperson(s). Is it the flip-up sight or the flipped-out post? The cantilevered mount or the cant-employ-reason rant? It's all beginning to blend. [:(]
View Quote
Ellery_Holt, I voiced exactly the same concerns about a year ago, suggesting that 3rdtk's "input" might in fact put off potential A.R.M.S. customers, at least.
Originally Posted By 234747: Ok guys, quit the arguing and help me vote or decide please. I am ordering right now and I need to know. GG&G or Knight's. I just watched tears of the sun and one guy had a GG&G on his rifle with a aimpoint and a suppressor that looked pretty badass! Take a look at the movie and tell me what you think. I mean is it really possible to break a GG&G or Knight's. I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility but I don't think it happens when a rifle falls from leaning on a tree onto soft ground.
View Quote
234747, welcome to AR15.com. Just a helpful hint: although I have no where near as many posts as some heavy contributors here, I would suggest that with just barely 30 posts here, you might want to rack up a few more before you start telling us what to do while simultaneously demanding advice. There seem to have been more than a few recommendations here in response to your initial query to help one decide. There is also probably quite a bit of info available via the search engine here. Is your purchasing decision driven by "cool factor," what you've seen in a movie, or what might constitute value for price? The Knight's cantilever is outstanding. The GG&G is also very good with the added feature of a spare battery compartment in the mount; also, some places were offering pretty good deals on the GG&G/Aimpoint CompM2. (As I've said, I've NEVER seen either of these mounts break or bend while in use.) I like the A.R.M.S. cantilever now because of the throw-lever feature -- I can more easily quick detach this set-up when switching over to the A.R.M.S. QD#35 mount with Leupold M3 on highs, although I still try to keep the switching to a minimum. I would suggest you evaluate your needs and then search the retailers for a combo deal of some sort, see what you can get. Do some of your own homework and pull the trigger! Hope this helps. O'DubhGhaill [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 1:40:11 PM EDT by TennVol]
I wasn't aware a high post count = intelligence. I believe it is actually possible to know what you are talking about without having 10,000+ posts. Maybe some of us would rather post on issues when we have something substantive to add to the discussion, rather than post just to "up" our post count. Just my $.02 Oh yeah, +1!!! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 1:47:16 PM EDT by G-CODE]
Originally Posted By O_DubhGhaill: (I believe David Lutz of Knight's is as well per prior posts of his on the subject) an employee of A.R.M.S. who refuses to admit it and to subscribe to this site as a dealer.
View Quote
I was with you until this statement, please explain.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 3:44:58 PM EDT by O_DubhGhaill]
Originally Posted By TennVol: I wasn't aware a high post count = intelligence.
View Quote
Never said it did.
I believe it is actually possible to know what you are talking about without having 10,000+ posts.
View Quote
No disagreement.
Maybe some of us would rather post on issues when we have something substantive to add to the discussion, rather than post just to "up" our post count.
View Quote
Excellent. The point I was trying to make was one of etiquette, so to speak. Please re-read.
Just my $.02 Oh yeah, +1!!! [:)]
View Quote
+ mine.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:42:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By G-CODE:
Originally Posted By O_DubhGhaill: (I believe David Lutz of Knight's is as well per prior posts of his on the subject) an employee of A.R.M.S. who refuses to admit it and to subscribe to this site as a dealer.
View Quote
View Quote
G-Code, I'm not sure what part of the statement you want me to explain, no fault of yours, just that as it's spliced/quoted above it's not clear to me even though I wrote it. From posts to this site by Coldblue some time back, I believe it was made clear that Coldblue knew for a personal fact 3rdtk's identity and that 3rdtk worked for A.R.M.S. You would need to go way back in time for this thread, and it was far hotter than this one for sure. I say "I believe" because I will only confirm by copying and posting the link to the thread(s) here, threads that I can't access as a non-member, but that I know are certainly there because I read them while they were active. (Perhaps DevL or any others who might remember and have access to the various dialogues involving Coldblue and 3rdtk might be able to bring them up.) As DevL noted above, because 3rdtk jumped in to the thread to once again trash all non-A.R.M.S. products, he jumps in at his own risk. If one represents a manufacturer here, they should either be as upfront, objective, and professional about it as Coldblue/David Lutz has been, or register, or suffer ignominious exposure. The Knight's, GG&G, and A.R.M.S. cantilevers are all quality products that should find their way to a customer based on that person's individual needs, preferences, application aspirations, and budget. What I've come to expect and appreciate about this site is that representations of the various products by posters here are objective and up-front, based on personal experiences versus vested interest. I have learned a great deal from the former and am constantly, and regrettably, on guard for the latter. O'DubhGhaill [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:41:21 AM EDT
234747,On the debate between the KAC and the GG&G.I dont know if one is better than the other.We all make decisions on appearence.I personally prefer the apperance of the KAC.To me it looks smoother,the angles aren't as sharp.On the subject between the KAC and the ARMS.The first thing to consider is do you need a QD mount.I have two KAC cantilliever mounts.The first one is on a KAC 9mmSD upper.I dont need a QD mount and it works perfect.The second one is on a 10.25" DEVGROUP upper.I just bought this off a member that just replaced his with a ARMS cantilliever mount.Again I don't need the QD mount so its great.I have a 14.5" M4 upper with a TA11 ACOG in a ARMS 19 ACOG mount.If I decide to switch between the ACOG and a Aimpoint I will get a ARMS cantilliever mount to do so.SJR556.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:05:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By O_DubhGhaill:
Originally Posted By G-CODE:
View Quote
View Quote
G-Code, I'm not sure what part of the statement you want me to explain, no fault of yours, just that as it's spliced/quoted above it's not clear to me even though I wrote it. From posts to this site by Coldblue some time back, I believe it was made clear that Coldblue knew for a personal fact 3rdtk's identity and that 3rdtk worked for A.R.M.S. You would need to go way back in time for this thread, and it was far hotter than this one for sure. I say "I believe" because I will only confirm by copying and posting the link to the thread(s) here, threads that I can't access as a non-member, but that I know are certainly there because I read them while they were active. (Perhaps DevL or any others who might remember and have access to the various dialogues involving Coldblue and 3rdtk might be able to bring them up.) As DevL noted above, because 3rdtk jumped in to the thread to once again trash all non-A.R.M.S. products, he jumps in at his own risk. If one represents a manufacturer here, they should either be as upfront, objective, and professional about it as Coldblue/David Lutz has been, or register, or suffer ignominious exposure. The Knight's, GG&G, and A.R.M.S. cantilevers are all quality products that should find their way to a customer based on that person's individual needs, preferences, application aspirations, and budget. What I've come to expect and appreciate about this site is that representations of the various products by posters here are objective and up-front, based on personal experiences versus vested interest. I have learned a great deal from the former and am constantly, and regrettably, on guard for the latter. O'DubhGhaill [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
View Quote
I understand the 3rdtk/ARMS speculation. Ive seen and read most if not all of the threads involving 3rdtk/ARMS. The question I have is this statement.
I am convinced 3rdtk is "Dick," [red](I believe David Lutz of Knight's is as well per prior posts of his on the subject) an employee of A.R.M.S.[/red] who refuses to admit it and to subscribe to this site as a dealer.
View Quote
I guess the way I read it initially, was that you were implying that coldblue/David Lutz also worked for ARMS. Which as most know, is incorrect. Evidently I misread you statement. In your above reply you have carified your position.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:15:51 AM EDT
G-CODE, I should have written that a bit more clearly, as it was confusing to me on re-read. David Lutz has always been up front about his credentials, several times posting his name, address, and telephone number with personal extension down there in Florida at KMC/KAC. O'DubhGhaill [url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association regular member #2259[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:02:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2003 6:05:44 AM EDT by coldblue]
Have not had a chance to post on this one until this morning (Saturday), so I'm at home and don't have access to my pictures on the network at Knight's. Much of the talk above concerns our KAC "off-set" (P/N: 98512) or what I think is more properly an "extended" Aimpoint mount. However, we also make a fine (and about $50.00 bucks less expensive) Aimpoint Block Mount, P/N: 98073. If you want either to be "quick detach" be sure to order it with the Special Order Wing Nut. As originally manufactured, it had a hole bored through the base for battery storage, and we probably have a few of these left. We took the hole out because no one ever used them. The "block mount" being straight up and down is probably "stronger" than any off-set, but what do you mean by strong? As far as I know, no one has ever sent back a broke one since we started making these in 1998. I think if you dropped your weapon hard enough to break a mount, your aimpoint would be destroyed as well. I mean if I dropped my gun, and the mount broke, but the Aimpopint was still operational, I would be convinced that my mount had been defective from the get-go. For example, if it was made from a "casting", it suffered from porosity, cracks, contaminated alloy, or other defects. By the way, our mounts are not made from castings--they are solid aluminum. Their centerlines are also the correct 1.57" above the top of the rail. Interestingly, we sell about 2 off-sets for every block mount because (1) the off-set has more mounting options with rail mounted night vision, looks neater, and rakes the sight forward 2.25" if you mount it at the end of receiver rail. And, you can turn it around and mount it raking the Aimpoint to the rear if you needed too. One shooter sent me a picture of his Carbine with our RAS II and the off-set Aimpoint mounted right up behind it. This looked really good because the rake angle of the mount matched the back-angle of the RAS II bridge perfectly. I have also seen both or either of these mounts (because they are just big aluminum 30 mm diameter "scope rings") used to mount bigger optics like the US Optics Scopes. So my advice is to start with the less expensive block mount unless your application absolutely requires the off-set, extended, cantilevered, whatever. ColdBlue (Dave Lutz at KAC (772) 562-5697 ext. 239) sends...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:18:25 AM EDT
wow. Informative, respectful and professional. Mr. Lutz, that's why I visit this board. Thank you. SUL2
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:29:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 234747: I am ordering right now and I need to know. GG&G or Knight's........I mean is it really possible to break a GG&G or Knight's......
View Quote
Both are great superior quality mounts , no possible to break them down , you won't be disappointed whatever you'll decide to buy. PP out
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:20:21 AM EDT
If one was too break a GG&G or KAC mount - I would guess that it was not a real version of either. I hav eseen a huge amount of knock off 'airsoft' versions of both - a buddy of mine got a MP-5 RAS last week and when we compared them... another friend has a KNOCK OFF RAS on a 9mm gun - I would not trust that crap further than I could thrown 3rdtk :) Problem is - people are selling it (in Canada at least) as KAC or GG&G gear - and the majority of shooters are not knowledgeable enough to know the differences.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:31:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PincoPalla:
Originally Posted By 234747: I am ordering right now and I need to know. GG&G or Knight's........I mean is it really possible to break a GG&G or Knight's......
View Quote
Both are great superior quality mounts , no possible to break them down , you won't be disappointed whatever you'll decide to buy. PP out
View Quote
I agree. Buy the one you like the looks of best, or can get the best deal on. The GG&G spare battery compartment is handy, but I honestly have never used that battery...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:59:25 PM EDT
Both are good mounts, just buy whatever first you can find used in EE. Btw, I got my KAC cantilever w/wingnut for $100 shipped!
Top Top