Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 2:15:22 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with Knight's M4 AR15? I'm interesting in buying either a Colt M4 or a Bushmaster but, recently saw a Knight M4 in the Leupold catolog.

Can anyone tell me how their's stakes up to either a Colt or a Bushmaster, is it better/worse, more bang for the buck...what, please help.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
This comes up every now and then...

They are nice guns, and if you want all the features they include (RAS, two stage trigger,etc.) they are fairly priced.  If you are not sure of the configuration you want, start with a basic rifle and assemble your own.

I have an SR15 Match which shoots better than I can - half MOA or so.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned BM's, and own nothing but Colts now, but I'd take a Knight's in a heartbeat.

When you see and hold one, they are alot like a work of art. ( It's in the detail )

KZ
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This comes up every now and then...

They are nice guns, and if you want all the features they include (RAS, two stage trigger,etc.) they are fairly priced.  If you are not sure of the configuration you want, start with a basic rifle and assemble your own.

I have an SR15 Match which shoots better than I can - half MOA or so.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Excuse my ignorance on the subject but,....can they be had???  Or are they pretty rare/expensive??
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
They are not rare, but are a little expensive. Yes you can have one. ( unlike myself. Too late in CA. )
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SR-15 M4.  It is definitely the nicest AR I've ever owned, and I've had Colt, Bushmaster, and RRA.  The fit and finish is unmatched.  Mine came with the 2 stage trigger, Knights Aimpoint mount, Aimpoint Comp M, Knights 300m rear flip up sight, RAS, Knights 1" flashlight mount, and vertical foregrip.  I actually bought it near mint off a friend of mine for a lot less than what they sell for.  It's seems pricey if you buy it already tricked out, but if you actually price out the parts that came with it, it's on par with any other rifle.  I love mine and don't imagine I'd ever get rid of it.  It's accurate as hell also.  First time my wife shot it, she made a clean 2"x2" hole in the target at 25 yards.  She had never fired an AR before.  After that range session, she kinda adopted the Knights as HER AR.

Edited for speeling
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If the ban goes away I would love one in its factory military lookalike configuration.Wont have to do any work or add to it..all factory options..I like it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually now I'm not sure if the AR in the 2003 Leupold brochure is even a Knight's. In the picture at the top of pages 20-21, Leupold printed that the AR is a Colt M4 but on the gun's upper it says Knights Armament.

I'm wondering if any of you could take a gander (provided you have the catolog lying around) and tell me which AR it is. This one sure looks like a fine AR, I would love to know who's it is.

I searched and searched for a pic link but Leupold doesn't have it on their site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me ask this instead, in the realm of AR's, which manufactures are among the best? Which manufactures should I shun away from?

There seems to be more manufactures out there who make a rendition of an AR, some inexpensive while others expensive, there are bare bones versions and others with tricked out ones. Who uses the best parts, who uses plastic parts, who makes them for the military, which ones are most accurate and accept the most aftermarket parts?

This is probably one of those questions that can’t be answered, since it boils down to individual preference. But if there could be a top three list of manufactures, who would they be? Colt, Knights and Armalite or…._______, _________, _________ (FILL IN THE BLANK)!

I'm looking to buy one and I'm having trouble making up my mind. I’ll be happy to drop some big bills if I know I’m buying quality. I plan on shooting all the time, I’m not a weekend shooter per say because, I own a range and can shoot when I want. I also want to be able to “rapid fire” and don’t want an AR that’s going to jam all the time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Now you've done it.  

Asking that question is sure to turn this into a 6 page rant about "Mine's better" [;)].  The fact is there are bad examples of all the brands, but there seem to be fewer bad Colt's.

This is a good read before the shouting starts:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176742[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#11]
On the SR-15 M4, the RAS is 'not' FF.  Also the barrel may be either chrome lined or chrome moly.  (Only by serial number and a call to the factory can you tell for sure.)

Nice shooting AR.

5sub
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top