Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:57:50 AM EDT
Had a CAR-15 about 20 years ago right out of school, put a DIAS from a gun show ($25.00) and banged away out in the orange groves here in Fla. Got nervious and swapped out the orignal parts and tossed the DIAS in a lake. Sold the gun for $600.00 and moved on.

Decided I needed a new toy so I have been lurking around here for 2-3 months and got alot of good information.

Bought a complete Colt 14.5 M-4 upper and bolt ($550.00)and a new 6520 lower($500.00). Slapped it together a couple months ago and have been a happy boy ever since. Good deal? I don't know but I take it out every few days and just look at it like a little kid with a new toy.

Now the BR desise is in full bloom, I just joined as a Gold member and I am going to build another one. Don't need it, can't find a good use for it, shouldn't spend the money, but tuff shit, I want another one!

And BTW, I am a Kool-aid drinker.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:06:15 AM EDT
Pics, man, Pics!!!

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:31:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FRAGBAIT:
Had a CAR-15 about 20 years ago right out of school, put a DIAS from a gun show ($25.00) and banged away out in the orange groves here in Fla. Got nervious and swapped out the orignal parts and tossed the DIAS in a lake. Sold the gun for $600.00 and moved on.

Did you just admit to violating a Federal Firearm Law ?

Either way, welcome. Fellow Floridians are allright by me and thanks for supporting this great site.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:23:28 AM EDT
Which lake?

"Im guessing this isnt about the alcohol or tobacco"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:33:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:

Originally Posted By FRAGBAIT:

Did you just admit to violating a Federal Firearm Law ?

Either way, welcome. Fellow Floridians are allright by me and thanks for supporting this great site.

HS1

Statute of Limitations on NFA violations, IIRC, is 3 years. I wouldn't worry about it if I were him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:51:08 AM EDT
Ok Heres Chuckie.

Here is the A3 flashider from KKF installed

The lake has been graded over and has houses on it. It was a little man-made lake on a golf course I used to live on as a kid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:17:28 PM EDT
good lookin shooter, FRAG.

Does the KKF FH bring you out to the magic 16, or is yours a registered SBR?

Oh wait.......you are willing to risk it......never mind! j/k
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:23:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 7:21:25 PM EDT by FRAGBAIT]
Yes, it’s a legal 16". But.. Just to keep in character, I put 500 rounds downrange and toted it around for a month BEFORE Kurt did the work.

FYI, Kurt was a great guy. I saw his name mentioned here and looked him up on the web. His shop is in Bunell, about 40 miles from where I live. I just showed up and asked him to install an A3. He took my AR apart, went back to the machine shop and returned 30 mins later with the finished product. The barrel was still hot when he handed it to me. Needless to say, he has a new cheerleader.

As far as the BATF, I'm sure with the pressing security issues facing our country today, they have little interest in something as trivial as a law abiding citizen with a legally owned firearm having a barrel 1/2" short.

OH WAIT! It is the federal government we are talking about here! Their ability to prioritize is somewhat regressed from my 9 year old sons.

F*** um if they can't take a joke.
Top Top