Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:20:14 AM EDT
Forgive me if this is an obvious answer.  I did a search, but didn't come up with anything (both here, and google).  
I recently purchased an AR-15 upper (16" Midlength A2) from M-AParts.com and the upper has an maker marking that looks to be a keyhole.  The barrel isn't marked, and I was wondering who made it.  Just for reference, no other reason.  Also, is there a place where somebody has already compiled all of the maker markings so that I don't have to bug you guys with minor questions?  Thanks!

Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Its the forging mark of Cerro Forging www.cerrofabricated.com/
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow,never would have guessed that one!  Who markets the Cerro Forging products?  I had never heard of them prior to this.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe they make raw forgings for all the big companies, CMT, Colt, Bushmaster....... etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 bushy with the key hole
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?a=subscribe&b=3&f=12&t=223495&sub=Lower+Receiver+%26+Mag+Floorplate+Rollmarks%2C+Logos+and+Markings

Excellent!  The topic ended over 30 days ago, no wonder I never came up with anything!

And to the rest of you, thanks for the input!  I guess the keyhole doesn't signify who marketed it like I hoped it would.

Brian
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top