Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2005 9:20:24 AM EDT
Just got in a Keuhl upper that I picked up from a board member. Unfortunately, it seems set up for the AR15 and I would like to run it in my 16. What mods. or other part will I need to get the 16 to run with this upper. TIA
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:26:13 AM EDT
Youll need...

1) JAC M-16 kit
2) FA lower
3) Lots of ammo!

Seriously that's all there is to it. If you have a semi Ciener kit, buy an anti-bounce weight, a sear trip from Ciener, and that will do it for the upper.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:35:01 PM EDT
Thanks, guess that means I need to get ahold of JAC and get the antibounce weight and sear trip. Have 2 & 3. Ready to R&R.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:45:13 AM EDT
Suggestion: Look for a used M-16 kit (with mags!) on the net. You can keep the extra parts for spares and get some hi caps in the bargain. And you won't have to order Jack from John.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:56:49 AM EDT
Rick Kuehl usually stocks them. His shipping is cheaper than JAC
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:58:09 PM EDT
Unless he's re-stocked since I talked to him (not likely since he's basically closed up shop) then he's out of the auto-trips, but he might have an anti-bounce weight.

I ordered an auto-trip from JAC (to use as a hold-together device on a KPF barrel) and had no troubles other than him shipping to the billing address. (I suppose that's my fault for giving him more than one address...)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 3:14:59 PM EDT by booker3557]
Check the EE. There is currently a Ciener conversion for the M16 with a 30 rd mag for sale.
Top Top