Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 11:26:37 AM EDT
This could have gone in the general section, however, I'm a new AR-15 owner as of Saturday and wanted opinions from some people farther along the path I'm now headed down.

My question is basically this:  Is anyone out there voting for Bush just because of their AR-15?  I don't wish to offend anyone, but personally, the only aspect of my life that has improved over the last four years is that I now have a new pre-ban config AR15 that I didn't have before.  I earn less than I did four years ago, my life savings is 25% of what it was 4 years ago after a layoff, my employment prospects are about 10% of what they were 4 years ago, I could go on.  Don't even ask how I feel about the Patriot Act.  So, how do those of you (us) who love the 2nd amendment but have been ravaged financially over the last four years come to grips with how to vote?  Really, if I'm broke I can't buy bullets anyway.

Flame away, I probably deserve it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a flame, but I'd argue your life is better in that we've started killing terrorists than running away from them.  I hear people say Bush's execution of the war on terror has caused more people to join Al Qaeda and somehow made us less safe (I'm not sure what anyone's support for this is), but I think going after them in Afghanistan and Iraq has put all of our enemies on notice that we won't be messed with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
post this in general D please
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top