Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 5:19:10 PM EDT
I am looking for a 1 piece picatinny rail base for my Remington 700 SA, and I came across Ken Farrell's site.  He has something that fits the bill for $50, compared to $100+ for comparable offerings from PRI, Leupold, IOR, etc.  Is anybody familiar with the quality of his products?

TIA,
fiz
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The old design, as in NOT THE CURRENT DESIGN, had some issues with sheering the screws that held the base on and leaving the owner with a screw extraction job on the receiver.

The [b]new design[/b] I have used on my 700PSS and 700 Sendero are made better, machined to what apparently is a closer spec, and use a stronger strength screw.  I have one 20MOA canted setting downstairs for a long action that I would use again in a heartbeat.  If there is any fear that the base does not mate to the receiver properly, it should be bedded per Farrell's instructions.

They can be had cheaper at Sinclair, like $39+shipping IIRC.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info & the tip on the [url=http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=06-2X&type=store]Sinclair[/url], Ed.  They are indeed $38.50 + $6.75 shipping; I just ordered one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top