Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:30:11 AM EDT
Has anybody ever tried to build a KX3 out of titanium or inconel or ?

It would seem to me that it would drastically reduce the weight which IMO is the biggest downfall of it. I have a 10.5" SBR with an old style KX3 and the darn thing is HEAVY. I would guess over 12-13 ounces. I am just thinking that if you made everything (except maybe the cone) out of some superlight metal it would be more pleasant than having to carry a darn near one pound weight on the end of the barrel.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:34:04 AM EDT
Nobody I'm aware of has done it as cost might be prohibitive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:31:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By autumnsong:

It would seem to me that it would drastically reduce the weight which IMO is the biggest downfall of it. I have a 10.5" SBR with an old style KX3 and the darn thing is HEAVY. I would guess over 12-13 ounces. I am just thinking that if you made everything (except maybe the cone) out of some superlight metal it would be more pleasant than having to carry a darn near one pound weight on the end of the barrel.

Thoughts?

When you say old style, do you mean the KFH? If so, that is heavy, but my KX3 is not. Work out and lift more weights!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:05:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:07:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DOE:
Originally Posted By autumnsong:

Thoughts?

When you say old style, do you mean the KFH? If so, that is heavy, but my KX3 is not. Work out and lift more weights!

I have the KFH but the weight difference between it and the newer KX3 is only 1.5 ounces. It is still a heavy bastage to have hanging out at the very end of the rifle. It is not so much a hard to lift heavy as it is a unbalanced type of heavy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:17:06 PM EDT
Is it available for the 6.8 SPC?
Top Top