Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:33:04 AM EDT
Is anyone here using a Kurts Kustom 22 barrel?? And if so how does it shoot??
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a dedicated 22lr upper that I purchased  used on the EE a few years ago. It's a 20" medium Wt. barrel,  free float tube and uses a unmodified Ciener kit. Don't know how many rounds it had through it , but I have put at  least 2000+ rounds through it and it's still going strong. It will shoot 1/2 groups at 50 yds. I'm considering getting another KKF barrel in an M4 profile or light weight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a KKF and just love them 10 shot sub  1/2 inch groups
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 16" KKF free floater upper and I'm very pleased.  Mine shoots good and is awesome with BDM mags and a Ciener.   People make a big deal about the chamber insert inhibiting accuracy.  I haven't seen this with my upper.  I have dedicated DPMS 16" upper and the KKF seems to shoot better groups than my DPMs.  I like the flexibility of using different kits in my KKF or being able to pull the Ciener and use it in a 5.56 upper.  Basically you spend your money and get what you want.  Only down side to KKF is he's a busy man and it takes a while to get your order.  My uppers fit and finish were top notch.  Satisfied customer here...........................Personally I think its a crap shoot on whether you get an accurate barrel unless you go real HIGH dollar like CLE.  To me the ammo and barrel ammo/combo make the most difference in 22lr.  Some barrels shoot good with one brand ammo and a different barrel might like a different load..  Either of my dedicated barrels will shoot at least an 1.5 or better (1/2") with their preferred load at 50 yards and usually I can't shoot to the capability of my gun ammo unless scoped and benched.........................AR 15/22lr combo is very addictive combo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got two (16" A3 w/ cheap 3-9x40 scope, 20" A2), and I have two friends who each have one based on my recomendation.  I (and my friends) like them.  Accuracy is great, reliablity is great as well.  

As posted above, Kurt IS busy.  I placed an order with him 9/25/07 and received the barrels the first week of December.  They were well worth the wait.

Thanks!

Brad
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all and i guess ill give him a try.!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of his 5" barrels.  I built it up into into a sweet little rifle (see link).  I love it, it shoots in the 1/2" range all day long.  I is a hoot to shoot.  I can't pull the trigger slow. http://vmacinaz.sampasite.com/albums/default.htm#DSCN1726.jpg

vmacinaz.sampasite.com/albums/default.htm#DSCN1726.jpg
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top