Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2014 7:53:12 AM EDT
Has anyone used them? I don't see the purpose never really had much of a problem with the old kind.  But in a weird way I kinda want to order a set just to check them out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I put one on each of my Colts, a small pin carbine, and a large pin HBAR that were originally screw types. They work, but are not as easy to remove or insert as I thought they would be. Overall, they are an improvement over the screws.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a set for cheap!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have used them for a few years on one lower.  I consider that lower special, so I wanted something a little different.  No problems at all with them, though as posted above, the standard pins are slightly easier to use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone used them? I don't see the purpose never really had much of a problem with the old kind.  But in a weird way I kinda want to order a set just to check them out.

I have used them for a few years on one lower.  I consider that lower special, so I wanted something a little different.  No problems at all with them, though as posted above, the standard pins are slightly easier to use.

is it that they are to tight? Whats the issues?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to tight but while pressing the button, the outer rim(on the left side) has to be pushed through. It's not as easy as just pushing a pin but with practice almost. I too have a set on a lower I consider special and didn't want the standard spring/dent pin.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not to tight but while pressing the button, the outer rim(on the left side) has to be pushed through. It's not as easy as just pushing a pin but with practice almost. I too have a set on a lower I consider special and didn't want the standard spring/dent pin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you find the to fit tighter? Whats thier outer dimension?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO they appear to be milspec, no difference.  
Per KNS PRECISION, INC;
Takedown Pin replaces the rear, factory takedown pin to eliminate the need for a punch or other tools to disengage the pin.
Pivot Pin replaces the factory front pivot pin and is available for receivers drilled for .315" or .250" pivot pins.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine was excessively loose, so I took it off.

It was the "large Colt pin" model.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top