Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 2:12:05 PM EDT
I've got a new upper coming in with standard M4 hand guards.  I would like to find two accessory rails to attach to the standard guards; one for a TDVG and one for a light at 2 o'clock.  I've seen some that were just the right length for each accessory, and did not require removal of the heat shields.  Now I can't remember where the hell I saw them.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I know of no accessory rail that you can 'bolt on' that will work with a Tango Down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll give them a try.  Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These work for ya?  www.bravocompanyusa.com/TacticalRails.html

I went with a similar rail and VFG by Advanced Armament.  Works great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

or you could use less parts and just get a pair of YHM hgs
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I"ve tried that rail. It doesn't work with many M1913 accessories - including the Tango Down VFG.  The only accessories it seems to work with are those that clamp.  I had problems using it and several of the VFGs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Cheapest 'decent' options (and they are Tango Down compatible for the most part).
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheapest 'decent' options (and they are Tango Down compatible for the most part).

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or you could use less parts and just get a pair of YHM hgshr

What do you mean when you say "for the most part"?  I ask because I was planning on putting a TDVG on a 2 pice YHM.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cheapest 'decent' option (and they are Tango Down compatible for the most part).

What do you mean when you say "for the most part"?  I ask because I was planning on putting a TDVG on a 2 pice YHM.

Every now and then someone will complain the TD won't fit right their 2 piece unit.  It's not common - but YHM doesn't put the precision into their rails as say LaRue or Troy (I wouldn't expect them to for what they charge).  Not really an issue, but something you should be aware of.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
YHM manufactures a similar unit as the one descriped in the original post. It is sold exclusively through Bushmaster. I could not find it on their web site but the part number is "YHM-HGD-RAIL-CAR". It is tapered towards the front to allow for a flat mounting surface. It will accept a tango down grip and can be installed without removal of the heat sheilds. The unit can also be mounted on the top handguard without interferance from the gas tube. You should give Bushmaster a call for pricing and availablity.

I found the listing on Bushmaster's web site the link is:
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-hdg-rail-rif.asp
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
YHM manufactures a similar unit as the one descriped in the original post. It is sold exclusively through Bushmaster. I could not find it on their web site but the part number is "YHM-HGD-RAIL-CAR". It is tapered towards the front to allow for a flat mounting surface.

Look new I had not heard of it - thanks for pointing this out.

... and can be installed without removal of the heat sheilds.

That is not what the Bushmaster website indicates:

They require removal of the handguard and it's inner shield,

Have you purchased a unit?  Is the BM website incorrect or did you find some installation trick?

Never mind...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cheapest 'decent' option (and they are Tango Down compatible for the most part).

Every now and then someone will complain the TD won't fit right their 2 piece unit.  It's not common - but YHM doesn't put the precision into their rails as say LaRue or Troy (I wouldn't expect them to for what they charge).  Not really an issue, but something you should be aware of.

Thanks for the info, altho I hate you for scaring me  he  But atleast I know it's not going anywhere!

While we're on the TD subject, will I be able to fit both a spare bolt and firing pin in the VG?  Or just the bolt?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did it occur to you that Archer_YHM works for YHM?
C4

<Homer Simpson> dOH! </Homer Simpson>

No it did not and DO I FEEL STUPID.

Yes I've conversed with Archer offline in the past and I didn't make the connection.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]
My understanding was that YHM did not make their handguards to military spec for rail height, in the early production.
That was fixed, and now they are to spec.
This was big news about a year ago.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top