Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2009 2:54:36 PM EDT
Has anyone ever used this?  Is it better than BF/WS CLP?

Just wondering since my Noveske came with this type of oil all over it..
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked Wes at MSTN since they use the complete KG line on all of there custom built uppers about KG4 oil and here is what he had to say:

1. KG-4 IS TOO LIGHT, TOO THIN FOR THE BCG.

2. KG-4'S VISCOSITY IS VERY TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE.

3. ALL THIS BEING SAID, KG-4 WOULD BE BETTER THAN LOTS OF OTHER LUBES AND FAR BETTER THAN NOTHING.

4. NO BETTER BORE OIL EXISTS THAN KG-4.

JUST MY $.02, BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES.

WES

I have had great luck with the whole KG line. It is often overlooked, however, I dont think you will find a better non ammonia copper remover than KG12

Here are a couple test links of there products:

http://www.frfrogspad.com/cleaners.htm

http://www.laniganperformance.com/kg12testresults.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like K-12 is great for copper fouling..

Probably stick with CLP for lubing since KG4 doesn't do BCG as good.  Don't need to use 2 different chems to lub.  

Thanks for the info.  Interesting read on the different copper fouling removal comparisons
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's too thin for most things on a AR. I do use it on all more bores though. It seems to stay in there for a very long time and offer good protection.

Their copper solvent is a much better product. KG12 is crazy efficient at copper removal.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top