Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 4:13:03 PM EDT
is this for real? over $400 for a muzzle brake, i mean really??? please educate me about what makes this part worth $428.-tm
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It dosent have the side blast like most other brakes, also not as loud
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's made out of inconel which is quite difficult to machine as I understand. Those who have it swear by it, just a bit too much for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They are pretty sweet. You have to shoot one to truly appreciate it

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few and they work as advertised. The main reason I purchased them is due to the fact that I had already owned a couple of KAC NT4 suppressors and they act as a sacraficial blast baffle to extend the life of the suppressor. I have also shot rifles with the PWS FCS556 and the BattleComp 1.0 brakes and IMO are just as effective as the TTB.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]

awesome pics and that's a pretty sweet SBR..The first two TTB's I bought were the "white" ones and I always thought they were pretty slick looking after you got some rounds through them. I did have some problems with the initial run of the coated ones trying to mount the NT4. It took a little more elbow grease to get it mounted and it wore off the finish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

awesome pics and that's a pretty sweet SBR..The first two TTB's I bought were the "white" ones and I always thought they were pretty slick looking after you got some rounds through them. I did have some problems with the initial run of the coated ones trying to mount the NT4. It took a little more elbow grease to get it mounted and it wore off the finish.

I got one of the very first ones sold, it was heinously shiny so I ended up bead blasting it to dull the finish.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
is this for real? over $400 for a muzzle brake, i mean really??? please educate me about what makes this part worth $428.-tm

No denying it's pricey.  The higher quality, durability, and machining involved with inconel is why the price tag is set where it is.  Inconel is used in high grade suppressors, most designed to sustain full auto fire.  And I hear it is harder on tooling (as noted why ADCO charges extra to pin & weld these harder materials).  I'd like to see more inconel and 17-4PH AR products myself, but there is little market for them due to price point and the benefit is pointless to most.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a few and they work as advertised. The main reason I purchased them is due to the fact that I had already owned a couple of KAC NT4 suppressors and they act as a sacraficial blast baffle to extend the life of the suppressor. I have also shot rifles with the PWS FCS556 and the BattleComp 1.0 brakes and IMO are just as effective as the TTB.

How do they compare as far as blast go?

I shot an FSC556 for the first time last month, I had used the gun with a Spike's STAB prior, and the difference to the shooter was really something for me.  THe recoil reduction was great but the blast caught me off guard the first couple rounds since i was used to the STAB.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Like most KAC products...WAY over priced!  Yes Knights builds great products but the price is outrageous!!!  If you are even considering the KAC comp I would strongly recommend the Battle Comp Enterprises BattleComp 1.0 at $149  This thing is better, extremely well built, cheaper, and currently being tested by just about everyone with extremely good results!

What separates the Battle Comp from other comps is that it gives you a greatly reduced side blast and concussion while almost eliminating muzzle rise, even in full auto!  Muzzle flash is that of a standard A2 flash hider...maybe a tad less, and sound is about 1-2 decibels less than an A2.  Pretty much a very well rounded comp without blowing out the ear drums of the guy next to you and far less dirt and rocks kicked up!!  Most definitely one of the best out there!!!

http://www.battlecomp.com/
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#10]
dupe - please do a search
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top