Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:09 AM EDT
For a while now I've kept seeing pics of KAC rail covers in coyote/dark earth. Where the hell can you get these things?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:58:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:11:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:07:19 PM EDT
Krylon is your friend and can be changed out to the next cool color , why waste your time and money chasing after something your can do yourself for a lot cheaper......
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 4:47:43 PM EDT by boltcatch]
Why? Because paint on my weapons, especially things I might be grabbing onto, always gets tacky from even a few days of handling, and so annoys the hell out of me. I seem to sweat paint thinner.

Thanks for the answer, though, Wes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:34:27 PM EDT
What kind of rail system are you looking to put the panels on?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:14:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MSTN:
YOU CAN'T. KNIGHT'S REFUSES TO SELL THEM COMMERCIALLY.

WES

Sounds like a good company not to do business with...

TS
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:23:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:

Originally Posted By MSTN:
YOU CAN'T. KNIGHT'S REFUSES TO SELL THEM COMMERCIALLY.

WES

Sounds like a good company not to do business with...

TS

Maybe the company is completely set up to deal with government contracts. Maybe thats their business model? I dont know just a thought.

I have a few clients whose sole customer is the government and they refuse to sell their equipment to the general public. One is the hassle, two is bulk orders, three are liability reasons, and finally like I said they just arent really set up to do it. They deal with the government who is a very different customer then Joe Schmo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By boltcatch:
Why? Because paint on my weapons, especially things I might be grabbing onto, always gets tacky from even a few days of handling, and so annoys the hell out of me. I seem to sweat paint thinner.

Thanks for the answer, though, Wes.

What kind of paint are you using?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:42:30 PM EDT
Knight's is not the only company making rail covers. Magpul, Tango Down, and others make fine products and offer several colors for us lowly civilian types.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:14:54 AM EDT
BravoCo has some rail covers that look like a cross between the KAC and TD. They are ribbed like KAC and secure like the TD. Just my opinion but I think the TD rail covers are the best looking and they don't cost an arm and a leg...And they are available in different colors too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
I've used lots of paint. After just one day to the range even the permanent paint from HS Camo and Krylon will start getting tacky and coming off where I grip the rifle and where I have a cheek weld.

I already have a bunch of KAC covers, in black and OD, on my MI 2-piece rail.
Top Top