Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/6/2002 1:24:44 AM EDT
Has any one compared the KAC two stage trigger to the RRA two stage trigger.I have a KAC in my RR M16 and plan on putting a two stage trigger in my SP1.I have heard a lot of good things about the RRA but how does it feel compared to the KAC.If I shoot my M16 and then got to my SP1 will the change be noticable.Thanks SJR556.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:54:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:13:41 AM EDT
You were given very good advise from PaulE. I would sugest, however, that you may have missed another very good trigger worth consideration! The Jewell Trigger is less expensive than the KAC and more expensive than the RRA unit BUT the Jewell is EXTREMELY adjustable beyond either the KAC or RRA units or anything else that I have ever used. I have used Jewells in my AR-15s for years and too be honest I have little use for much anything else. The range of adjustments and the ease of making the adjustments will make anyone a believer in my oppinion. I also have a KAC 2-stage trigger after having trouble getting the Jewell to work with my AR-10. I think the Jewell is more adjustable than the KAC but the KAC is more idiot proof than the Jewell! The problem with the Jewell in the AR-10 involves the relatively light hammer springs... this isn't the case with my KAC 2-stage unit! Good Luck in your decision but if you have a KAC 2-stage in your M-16 I don't think you will like the RRA but instead you will be better served with the Jewell or KAC 2-stage triggers.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:13:08 PM EDT
RRA triggers offer a nominal 4.5 break that's crisp and consistent without the worry of set- screws moving at inopportune times.The second stage feature makes it feel like a very light(1-1/2 to 2#) trigger overall.If this is what you want,RRA triggers are tough to beat,especially pricewise. BUT, you will always have 4.5 Lbs. Other triggers mentioned are very,very good but offer additional features at additional cost. You pays yo money and takes yo choice! Ain't it fun!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:23:14 PM EDT
A 2-stage trigger should never break at 4.5lbs. That is why it is 2 stage- the first stage is heavy and involves movement of the trigger, then the trigger stops moveing (reached the 2nd stage) and the trigger should break at around 1.5-2.5lbs the Bushmaster 2-stage is my experience and it is very capable of making 1/2 moa (-) groups achievable. My Bushy DCM gun had a RRA SS 1/8 bbl and shot 4/10 in at 100yds with the iron sights.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:26:14 PM EDT
When they say 4.5# they mean the total weight as is regulated by DCM. A 2.5# trigger wont qualify.
Top Top