Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 11:15:03 PM EDT
Well I just got my RRA 9mm back from ADCO.  They chopped it and added a Phantom, it looks great.  I was all pumped to slap on my RAS when I realized it doesn't fit!!  The barrel up near the front sight seems to be a different diameter than standard.  Am I wrong?  I swear there's people using the RAS in the 9mm pic thread.

What do I do now?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
can you post pics of your problem?

the ras is a non freefloat correct? never caught on to the def.

the only thing i could think of is either having a triangle handguard cap or a round one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The RAS is a non free-float system.  The upper has a standard round cap.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the RAS to fit.

There were 2 problems actually that prevented it from seating.  One was the fact that the "star nut" (made-up term for nut that holds barrel to upper receiver, looks like the sun) was off center.  Duh...    Normally the gas tube would be holding it in the proper position but no such luck on the 9mm.

Secondly, I took out the tension bar assembly at the front of the top portion of the RAS handguard.  The barrel seems to be wider than standard 5.56 up toward the front sight tower preventing the RAS from slipping in under the handguard cap.  I kept the rear tension screw set-up with no problems fitting it at that end.

After installing the bottom half and tightening the rear tension screw, its rock solid with no movement at all.  Looks like I'm good to go!

Has anyone else had this problem installing the RAS on a 9mm upper?

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top