Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 4:13:10 PM EDT
Am I correct in thinking the RASII uses the standard handguard ring/collar? The RAS uses the knurled type knob?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
They both use parts you'd find on a standard upper.  Not sure what the knurled type knob is [;)]
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/pffcffcffff9f50f043093ca386d5e104/fd2ae503.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
After referring to another reference site I believe the RAS I am thinking of is the FFRAS. It has a knurled type handguard ring. It is the one on the SR15 and 25 rifles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean like this one here?
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pfd7758ac9803bf883d7dadff0e38e52e/fb335614.jpg[/img]

You're right, it's used on FF RAS.  RAS and RAS II use the standard delta ring.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
These mount in place of the standard handguards, no other parts to remove:
- RIS
- RAS (M4)
- RAS (M5)
- RAS II  (this one allows freefloating because it attaches to the upper receiver rails)

These forends require replacing the barrel nut, therefore removal of the flash hider and front sight is required.
- FFRAS (short)
- FFRAS (medium)
- FFRAS (long)
- FFRAS (MRE)

Basically any rail system (with the exception of RAS II and ARMS SIR's) that says it freefloats the forend, requires changing the barrel nut (therefore removal of the flash hider and front sight is required)
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]
lol Wes is my choice for my loot [:d]  Talked to Wes one night about a small item, it showed up on my door step the next day, he's in TN and I'm on the west coast...never did figure out how he managed to do that, but talk about instant gratificatin and excellent servce!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol Wes is my choice for my loot [:d]  Talked to Wes one night about a small item, it showed up on my door step the next day, he's in TN and I'm on the west coast...never did figure out how he managed to do that, but talk about instant gratificatin and excellent servce!
View Quote

He did that to me before too, I almost crapped myself when it showed up the next day here in the PRK[shock]. Yup, that reminds me, I gotta order my VLTOR Carbine stock this week.[naughty]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He did that to me before too, I almost crapped myself when it showed up the next day here in the PRK[shock]. Yup, that reminds me, I gotta order my VLTOR Carbine stock this week.[naughty]
View Quote

Ordering a VLTOR from Wes......look on your doorstep.......it might already be there.....[bow]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thnks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top