Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 4:52:49 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Didn’t even know these existed 2 days ago. Do any of you have any experience with or knowledge about these? On the one hand, I’ve been lead to believe that fully chromed Bolts and Carriers were not a good idea in practice but on the other hand, KAC usually only puts out top notch stuff so I’m thinking if this is real deal KAC stuff, it’s probably pretty good?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
there's nothing wrong with a well made chrome bcg just cheap/crap ones.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Somebody on the EE was selling 4 of them for something like $120 each if I'm not mistaken.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Somebody on the EE was selling 4 of them for something like $120 each if I'm not mistaken.  MJD

Yeah, I bought one of them. Price was pretty good so I figured I get one to check out.

I was curious if anybody had and first hand experience with them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought a KAC carrier and RAS from Brian at CTSupply. Both items were shipped quickly and in better than expected condition.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=336723

title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album03/KACcarrier.jpg

Thanks for the reply. How has the carrier been working out for you? Did you get the KAC Chrome bolt as well?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have the KAC bolt also. It works great. It is smooth but I can't really tell if it is that much better than a CMT bolt/carrier.  For the money I would rather get the KAC.

Is cleaning them any easier or do they seem to stay cleaner a any longer?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The best thing about them is they are a slipperier metal so they dont need as much lube and thusly they dont jam as often as gunk doesn't build up as easily.  As far as cleaning them it's 50/50.  The only real cleaning advantage is you can see if any powder is left on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
KNIGHT'S USED LMT BOLT CARRIER GROUPS IN THEIR SR-15'S. THE MATCH VERSION  OF THE SR-15 HAD A HARD CHROMED BCG, ALSO BY LMT.

I BOUGHT ALL OF THE HARD CHROMED ONES LMT HAD LEFT, YEARS AGO. ALL GONE NOW.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Good info. Thanks Wes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the hard chroming increase the longevity of the bolt?  Is it less likely to break a lug or crack at the cam pin hole?  Any idea how well LMT/KAC chromed bolts are holding up to high round counts?

Wes, why did you buy them all up?  What impressed you about them so much?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top