Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:04:53 PM EDT
I was browsing through the site when I came across this in the ADCO Forum
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=165510
2 Stage Triggers KAC only has a 3K service life? I dont have any experience with KAC 2T only the RRA and LMT. The RRA crapped out on me after about 1000 rds, The LMT is still going strong.

I just wanted some info on KAC, I have always thought KAC turned out very good products.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:43:11 PM EDT
I don't know if the 3k life is accurate. I'm not saying it can't happen but from personal experience my SR-15 has way over 3k rounds and so far I have yet to have any problems with the KAC trigger.

Maybe someone else can clarify.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:45:53 PM EDT
That would be 3K before it starts to degrade.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:55:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Thefryzone:
That would be 3K before it starts to degrade.

I see, from the thread he said KAC uses "soft metal" does LMT or RRA use "soft metal"
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 2:12:33 PM EDT by BurtSaun1049]
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:
2 Stage Triggers KAC only has a 3K service life? I dont have any experience with KAC 2T only the RRA and LMT. The RRA crapped out on me after about 1000 rds, The LMT is still going strong.

I just wanted some info on KAC, I have always thought KAC turned out very good products.

I have heard about issues on Mk 12's, but nothing specific about round counts, and I believe it's been taken care of. When people's lives depend on weapons, problems with parts as important as a trigger are gonna get resolved ASAP or removed from service.

After the money you've dropped on 3k of ammo (and most likely the time it will take for the average shooter to get there), the cost for a new trigger is negligible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 2:18:24 PM EDT by Raizo_Sekai]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:

I have heard about issues on Mk 12's, but nothing specific about round counts, and I believe it's been taken care of. When people's lives depend on weapons, problems with parts as important as a trigger are gonna get resolved ASAP or removed from service.

After the money you've dropped on 3k of ammo (and most likely the time it will take for the average shooter to get there), the cost for a new trigger is negligible.

but 3k is not a very high rd count, one can do 3k in 6 months, i would hate to have to replace my trigger every 6 - 12 months

also sometimes ammo is free

I just have a hard time believing that a KAC starts to go down hill after 3k, when my RRA trigger started getting "stuck" and then eventually turned into a sloppy one stage that no loner had a vrisp break i wasnt too surprised.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:29:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:34:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bigbore:
KAC triggers have a crap reputation among the real deal end users, which is why so many are being replaced with Geissele triggers.

I see, i personally never used KAC 2 stage trigger but i remember it was the go to trigger like 6 years ago.
What is your opinion on the LMT 2 Stage Triggers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:17:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:31:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 4:33:46 PM EDT by TRIDENT1982]
I would have to agree that G triggers are truly unmatched in not only the performance but the company that backs them.

I have run LMT 2stage, older and current production KAC match 2 stage triggers and had a little trigger time on my pals gun that has the 2 stage TTU and the overwhelming attn. to the actual design, machining and finishing on the G triggers is abundantly evident imho.

eta...the most recent production KAC match 2 stage triggers that come in the IWS lowers are vastly improved from my org. one I had a few yrs. back and it should be noted that others agree that the new kac triggers are wonderful...just not G trigger class.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:38:43 AM EDT
That's good to hear!
Top Top