Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2006 8:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2006 8:20:53 PM EDT by Ryan1021]
When cleaning my ARs today I realized that last time I cleaned them I some how ended up putting the BCG from my factory Bushmaster M4gery into my build gun and put the LMT M-16 BCG in my Bushmaster.  I kept the BCG groups together, I just placed them in the wrong guns.  I fired probably about 150-200 rounds in each of the guns, is there any cause for concern other than the fact that I some how managed to mix them up?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:25:09 PM EDT
Headspace, but you didn't blow anything up?  So maybe they were close enough.  But I would put them back in the original container.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:40:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 308Sako:
Headspace, but you didn't blow anything up?  So maybe they were close enough.  But I would put them back in the original container.

No nothing blew up luckily they both functioned flawlessly.  I did put them back in the original guns.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:53:35 PM EDT
You are fine, I would only worry if you had a matched bolt...say with a match rifle. But in that case why would you have parts of more than on rifle out at time anyway.

System of interchangable parts my man. Guys on here have more mutt guns than anything else. Nearly all mine are too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:53:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
You are fine, I would only worry if you had a matched bolt...say with a match rifle. But in that case why would you have parts of more than on rifle out at time anyway.

System of interchangable parts my man. Guys on here have more mutt guns than anything else. Nearly all mine are too.

Thanks, good to hear.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:04:39 AM EDT
How could headspacing be affected by putting a standard bolt carrier in a different ar. An AR15 BCG is a AR15 BCG right?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:18:40 PM EDT
I used to have 1 bolt carrier group, and 3 upper reciever assemblies that I changed around willy nilly...depending on what type of AR configuration I felt like shooting that day.
Top Top