Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 4:01:00 PM EDT
Well after getting tired of waiting for my trigger to come in from Sableco I decided to find a dealer that had the trigger in stock.  I contacted everyone in the nation and only Del-Ton had one and it was $300.  I decided to pass and figured I would have to wait till the war on terror was over before I ever got to get one.  Then High Power Rifle Smith Emailed me saying he had ten on the way and for me to put my money down now or miss out.  I thought "Yeah right" since Coldblue had already told me KAC was not sending any out to the public due to military demand.  But 4 days later he (HPRS) Emailed me saying they were in hand so I ordered one.  It came within 5 days in regular mail to my mailbox.  

It was in a big envelope and not a box.  The trigger and disconnector come assembled with the 4.5# spring installed and there were 2 sets of instructions.  A very short KAC version in black and white and a more detailed color version from HPRS.  A spare 4.5# and a red competition 3.5# spring were included as well as an adjustment hex key and a rubber "thingy" that is used to cushion your lower so you can dry fire the lower with no upper on.

The trigger goes in first and is assembled with a cheater pin so all you do is use the trigger pin to push the cheater pin out and the trigger is installed.  After a little wiggling it was in after about 3 min.  Then you just push in the hammer and push through a pin and you are done.  The entire trigger comes fully adjusted from the factory.  I never had to do a thing but try it out.  Let me tell you this is the sweetest trigger I have ever tried on an AR15.  I can assure you the trigger is all its cracked up to be.  ZERO creep and ZERO over travel.  I lubed with CLP and dabbed on a bit of moly slide.  It feels almost TOO crisp like it hurts it to engage the disconnector and swap over to the trigger.  Everything is so tight and crisp its ridiculous.  I cant wait to try her at the range but I need a stock to be able to shoot the rifle.  Cant wait for the Magpul stock to come in next week.

As far as reliablity there are 2 set screws in the trigger.  It is reccomended to use loktite on them but I dont see how they could ever come loose.  Even if they did all it would do is create a single stage trigger or increase creep.  So if both adjustments went totally south you end up with a creepy, single stage trigger with some over travel.  That sounds just like the factory trigger it replaced

I also noticed that my trigger pins wobble as a pull the trigger as if they are not big enough to be firm in the trigger pin holes.  Is that normal or should I get new trigger pins.  Everything is functioning normally I just noticed since I was watching the lower so intently after installing the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are thos Kager pins just bare stainless or are they coated black?  The pic in Brownells is in black and white and its hard to tell.  Thanks for the suggestion its just what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Great review.
I am considering this trigger upgrade for my Colt preban. I'm looking for someone to remove the sear block for me first though.
You did not have to do any filing or stoning any parts to get it to fit? That's a huge plus in my book.
-Steve
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Does your Colt have mil spec trigger pins?  The Colts usually have larger pins and you cant get a KAC 2 stage with the larger Colt pins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top