Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:58:25 PM EDT
I ordered 10 magazines with cs springs and reg. floor plates. My question are CP's magazine finished  rough or ? Man are the magazines scratched up...   Any feed back??? Other the that , the mags fit wel and feed well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 5 CP 30 rd. mags coming directly from CP by this weekend, and 5 D&H  30 rd. mags coming from 44mag by this weekend.  This will be an interesting weekend for testing.

Oh,  by the way, I also have an M1 Garand shipping to me on Thursday that was rebuilt by Dean at DGR Guns!  Oh my God,  I can't wait for this weekend!!!

I'll post the condition of my mags when I get them.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I ordered 10 magazines with cs springs and reg. floor plates. My question are CP's magazine finished  rough or ? Man are the magazines scratched up...   Any feed back??? Other the that , the mags fit wel and feed well.

Dry film/Moly Coat (USGI) finish used on C Products, Okay, NHMTG, et al is more prone to visible scratches than Teflon.  This finish can come off during storage or shipping.  It doesn't affect the protection, durability or function of the mags.

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered mine directly from CProducts and received them a little scratched up (from shipping), but with what I do to mags I don't care.  They function flawlessly and that's what counts.  

Pretty is for sissies and collectors...........©2006

Larry,

You make a great product at a great price and I have forwarded your website to all my troops and other units in my Brigade.

I only have one complaint, 20 loaded mags gets damned heavy.......

SSG D
DOC
fmr (HM8427) Recon Corpsman
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered 10 20's with the grey Magpul followers and they are simply the best mags I have ever owned IMO. Once you compare price to product you just can't beat these. They did lose a bit of finish in shipping, but they function 100% and I couldn't care less about a few scratches personally.

ETA: I bought mine from 44mag. I was also able to find 2 mags for a pistol that have haven't been able to find mags for in 2 years, and only paid $9 each for them!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea, but they do it for free!

Thats service!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
c/s spring with green followers / mag shipped in thick bags - so I cant see how shipping could mark them up?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not unhappy with 44mag.com, I am just curious about condition of the magazine as shipped.
Did upgrading the magazine to C/S springs on 44mag's side scratch them up?

A few times to range and they will get some marks on them...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Every dry film magazine has these marks on it from the factory.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Two quick questions,

1. Are these CS springs plus power, if not, what is unique/better?
2. Is 44mag switching to just AR mags? It looks like everything but is on closeout on the website.

Oh, and who cares if your mags are scratched, just shoot 'em baby.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want your mags to actually retain their finish, buy D&H teflon's next time.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am not unhappy with 44mag.com, I am just curious about condition of the magazine as shipped.
Did upgrading the magazine to C/S springs on 44mag's side scratch them up?

A few times to range and they will get some marks on them...

the sratches have nothing to do with changing springs, thats just they way every companies dry film mags are.  It's not just CP mags but OKAY/NHMTG and even D&H's dry film mags that come scratched up.  It  doesn't affect the reliability at all.  If the sratches bother you then buy teflon coated mags
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my C Products mags arrived with a huge scratch down the eintire length of the mag, but since it's not a gouge and doesn't affect the function I don't care. I'm just so excited to be able to buy great mags at such awesome prices.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered 12 and they were all a little scratched up. Other than that they all functioned flawlessly during a weekend shooting trip.

An engineer where I work has this saying posted… “Done fast, done cheap, and done right, pick any two.”

For firearms it’s “Inexpensive, reliable, and pretty… pick any two.” I’ll take inexpensive and reliable over pretty any day. (Unless we’re talking women.)

As a quick tip.

Give the magazine a good coating of CLP on the outside, then wipe off any excess. Don’t leave enough oil to attract any gunk. The oil smoothes out the finish and darkens it up some; this really improves the appearance. I did this and now they are about the same shade of gray as my Colt AR.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Recieved 5 D&H from 44mag & 5 C Products from CProducts.  All arrived in new condition.  CProducts mags individually bagged in plastic and packed well.  44mag order was also packed well.  I also got these with the gen II magpul followers and they move nicely in the mags.  Function test yet to come.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#18]
has anyone weighed on of the stainless mag bodies ? I'd be interested in how it compares to a regular GI mag body
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Larry, does not sound like much at all
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

For firearms it’s “Inexpensive, reliable, and pretty… pick any two.” I’ll take inexpensive and reliable over pretty any day. (Unless we’re talking women.)

I'll still take inexpensive and reliable over pretty !

ETA:  I should add the my wife is inexpensive (relatively), reliable, and cute as a bug, so I'm one lucky guy!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Dry film USGI coating on all mags are gonna look scratched up. As long as the mags do their job, who cares.

Hey Larry, what do the floorplates look like? Markings that is?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top