Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:15:54 PM EDT
Man oh man, these things aren't a Glock, thats for sure. I know it sure looks like I need some special tools, like to clean around the back of the chamber.

I used non-chlorinated brake cleaner to clean the firing pin channel, because I dont have any pipe cleaners. I hope that doesnt hurt anything. The only real thing that bothers me, is I dont know what all to oil and how much oil to use.

I did notice, that red sealer from the Wolf primers was gummed up around the extractor and around the firing pin and in the channel.

Anyway, now that I just noticed this forum, I'm going to read the tips here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
How did Wolf run in your AR?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The Wolf runs fine, no problems. It's the 55gr steel cased ammo. I picked up 1000 rds from Sportsmans Guide for around $125 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Most likely the way it runs in 95% of the other AR's PERFECTLY FINE!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely the way it runs in 95% of the other AR's PERFECTLY FINE!

Yup, the only problem I'm having with the Wolf, is keeping enough around.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Smart !

Has AR15

and use`s BRAKE CLEANER

Little CLP goes a long way!  couple drops here and there on Bolt and carrier lugs etc

Ive used dare I say it Rem oil also
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Smart !

Has AR15

and use`s BRAKE CLEANER

Little CLP goes a long way!  couple drops here and there on Bolt and carrier lugs etc

Is there a problem wth Brake Cleaner ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
This site has everything you'll ever need to know :)

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/introduction.msnw

Specific links.

Cleaning

Lubricating
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Smart !

Has AR15

and use`s BRAKE CLEANER

Is there a problem wth Brake Cleaner ?

I hear it works great, but I've yet to bother myself.

CLP is cheap.

Quoted:
The Wolf runs fine, no problems. It's the 55gr steel cased ammo. I picked up 1000 rds from Sportsmans Guide for around $125 shipped.

Link?  I don't see ammo on the site, unless I'm on the wrong one.

Edit - Nevermind.  $125 shipped for 1000 rounds using $10 off coupon code.  Not bad at all.  I have somebody mailing me 100 rounds.  If I like them, I'll stock up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the links.

I used the brake cleaner trick on my Glock pistols also. I just always used the non-chlorinated, because the regular stuff will effect the plastics (frame, channel liner etc etc).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It runs great in mine till last range visit a round jammed down my barrel and didnt fire.. I didnt see it and didnt realize all my magazines stopped feeding till I took it apart and saw the round still down the barrel,.

Other than that, which could happen I guess, Wolf is great.  Its funny how some people wont touch it.  More for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This site has everything you'll ever need to know :)

Lubricating

I spray my B/C down with a light lubricant.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top