Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 8:18:39 PM EST
Hi Guys,

Just got a new lower today (my first). I'm somewhat of a paranoid perfectionist, and was wondering if this is normal. I don't know how to describe this other than this particular area seems to have a different curvature on the edge than the rest of the receiver?

I blurred out the logo so as not to come off as bashing the company. Hope you all understand. Afterall, I like the receiver.

http://students.washington.edu/rkruse/lower/receiver.jpg

Am I just being paranoid? I assume that this has no impact at all on the functionality, and is just a cosmetic thing...

I can try to get a better pic is anyone wants.

- Ryan
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:23:21 PM EST
Merely cosmetic. Its notsupposed to be like that though. No one will notice, dont worry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:13:04 PM EST
That shouldn't be a problem.
I tried Instant Messaging you, but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed in your pic is hosted at UW. I thought out of the 30,000+ people there, I was the only one with an evil black rifle! I graduated last spring but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one with the disease.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:49:50 PM EST
Since you're new, I just want to make sure you know about the WA Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:37:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By Capro:
That shouldn't be a problem.
I tried Instant Messaging you, but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed in your pic is hosted at UW. I thought out of the 30,000+ people there, I was the only one with an evil black rifle! I graduated last spring but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one with the disease.

I think that I have the whole IM thing disabled.

I started grad school a year ago. I know one other person that I hang out with who is also just getting the ARs... Kinda a weird feeling to walk around and know that everyone would freak out if they knew my hobbies.... hat

Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Since you're new, I just want to make sure you know about the WA Hometown forum.

Ya, I've posted there a time or two. Mostly about shooting locations in the area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:36:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:14:27 AM EST
What "brand" of lower is that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:16:56 AM EST
definitely just cosmetic but let us know what company let that through QC....I'm somewhat of a perfectionist myself and I would actually have that changed out....but that's just me...

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:19:40 AM EST
ha-ha!

you got a blem.

Top Top